Thirty-Three

"Okay, you're acting real tough for someone who didn't know the controls twenty minutes ago," Clay smirked, holding his controller for the switch we had hooked up to our tv.

I smirk, fixing my position on the couch to be a little comfier. "Fake it till you make it Babe."

His laugh is short before the start button is hit, our faces going serious. Kirby and Link appearing on the Smash Bro's map.

"Pew! Pow! Pew! Pew! Swoosh!" I add sound effects while playing, my competitive side coming out to the surface.

"There's no way I can lose," Clay mutters, his fingers going rapid-fire on all the memorized buttons.

And just like that, we're both being overly competitive about a childish video game, our shoulders bumping against each other to screw with our patterns, hoping to prevent power moves.

"You can't keep jumping around! Play fair!" Clay exclaims, trying to hit me off the platform.

"I'm button spamming! Get off my dick!" I shout back, my tongue sticking out a little in hopes of winning.

Clay continues to pull strategic moves out, failing to land consistent hits on me. "Fuck..."

Eventually, the winner sign pops up, and I stand on our couch, hands in the air. "Haha! I'm the best there ever was! Ash Ketchup is quaking!"

Clay huffs, throwing his head back in annoyance. "Bullshit! I call rematch!"

"You can call all you want, it isn't gonna fix your damaged ego," I smirk down, and Clay rolls his eyes, pulling my ankle from under me, making my body hit the couches cushions.

"I know one thing that'll fix it," He smirks, slowly crawling over my body before completely letting go, his weight falling on top of mine. "A nap on my comfy girlfriend."

I flail my legs and arms, but it's no use. "Clay! You sore loser! We could've pvp'd in Minecraft! Come on!"

He doesn't say anything; body staying still atop of me. I could feel him shaking from his laughter, and it's my turn to roll eyes.

"You get so competitive!"

"You're just as competitive! That's the pot calling the kettle black!" He finally speaks up; adding more pressure to my body somehow.

"You're too tall! Get off! I can't move!" Even though I'm complaining, I can't help but eventually smile, enjoying the small moment we were having.

"Rematch me and I'll get up," Clay offers, and I huff.

"Okay, fine. We can rematch," I groan; which turns into breaths of relief as Clay finally gets off me. "God, you're heavier than you look."

"Don't talk about God like that, he's self-conscious," Clay jokes, already picking his new character for the rematch as I sit back up and choose whichever character was closest.

-One Hour Later-

"I don't get it!" Clay cried, his head buried into my chest as I offer half-hearted pats to his back. "I didn't win not once. You're button spamming!"

Even though I wanted to laugh, Clay seemed broken, his pride completely gone after being beaten by a total Smash noob around twelve times.

"You want to go get some ice cream and make sundaes out of them? We have sprinkles," my boyfriend nods his head, and I smile at his childish actions.

"Alright, come on."

☁︎︎

Vote?
Comment?
Follow?

I'm gonna make this another 40 chapter book... 50 is just me hurting myself at this point with school