Prologue

First Time Reader (FTR) or Re-Reader (RR)

THE sun was shining brightly over Adventure Bay, warming the water and sand. The Paw Patrol pups were playing on the sandy beach, chasing each other and swimming in the water. "Gotcha Rocky!" Chase joyfully barked.
"Wanna race?" Rocky said under his breath after running a long distance while Chase was chasing him. "Race? Sounds great!" Chase said in a challenging voice. Both pups stood side by side but just as they were about to run, Ryder interrupted the noisy racket of the pups. "Ryder!" Rubble barked and ran to him. The other pups soon saw Ryder and they all ran to him, jumping on him. Ryder laughed and played with the puppies.

"I was thinking it's about we take a vacation" Ryder said. "Vacation!" Zuma yelled, wagging his tail ferociously. "To where?" Rubbles asked sticking out his big tongue. "I don't know, that's what I was gonna ask you guys" Ryder shrugged. "How about we go to Africa for a safari? We could see big lions and all sorts of animals" Chase suggested, joy written on his face.

"No, let's go to Yellowstone National Park. We could see wolves" Marshall suggested. "How about New York City? There's a lot more to explore than in Africa and Yellowstone" Skye said.

"I was thinking about Florida" Liberty said. "Florida? What is there to see in Florida?" Zuma asked. "Well there are beaches" Liberty said not knowing much about Florida. "We gotta beach right here" Rocky pointed.

"Alright guys, I think I made up my mind. We will go with either New York City or a safari to Africa. Which ever place gets the most votes from everyone here, then that'll be where we will take our vacation" Ryder said.

"Africa!" Chase barked. "Africa!" Rubble yelled. "New York! I wanna see the Statue of Liberty!" Liberty shouted. "New York!" Skye agreed. "New York! I'm too scared of lions" Zuma said. "Africa!" Marshall yelled. "Africa!" Rocky yelled.
"I'm sorry but Africa has more votes" Ryder said. Liberty, Skye, and Zuma sighed with annoyance. "I promise our next vacation will be in New York" Ryder said.

So everyone headed to the headquarters to pack up their stuff. While the pups were packing what they wanted for the vacation, Ryder was busy booking a flight to Africa. Liberty and Skye were excited to go to Africa although they voted for New York because they knew they would go there the next time.
While the pups were chit chatting and packing, Zuma was quiet to himself.
Packing his stuff slowly, he didn't show much enthusiasm.

"Zuma what's wrong?" Chase noticed his mood.

"I don't want to go to Africa" Zuma said, lowering his head. "Why?" Chase asked in concern. "I-I'm scared" Zuma hesitantly stuttered.
"What if we are attacked by a lion? Or what if a lion breaks through our tent?".

"Zuma, we will be riding in a car during our safari and we're not sleeping in a tent. We are gonna camp in the Paw Patroller" Chase said to Zuma.
Zuma felt relieved by what he heard. "Trust me. Everything will be fine" Chase said.

While Ryder was booking a ticket, he received a call from Adventure City. A lady popped up on the big screen. "I'm so glad you picked up" the lady said.

"What is it?" Ryder asked. "We need your help. Adventure City is in big danger of Mayor Humdinger! He taking everyone's dogs from them and throwing them somewhere no one knows. He transforming the city upside down. Mayor Humdinger has even planned to destroy Paw Patrol and replace you guys with Heroic Paws, a new rescue team made up of his cats.
We need your help!" the lady said.

"We are coming" Ryder said and ended the call. "Pups!" Ryder hollered.

All puppies came running to Ryder. "I'm sorry guys but I've just received a call from Adventure City. They need our help" Ryder said lowering his head knowing his pups weren't so happy.

Chase knew it was their job to save the city from any trouble. He knew that their vacation wasn't going anywhere. It was always gonna be there waiting for them. "PAW PATROL, ready for action, Ryder, sir!" Chase barked.

"What about our vacation?" Rubble asked sadly.

"Vacation isn't going anywhere, is it? It will always be here waiting for us" Chase said. Ryder smiled proudly at Chase's statement. No job's too big, no pups too small! PAW Patrol is on a roll!" Ryder said.