Chapter 21- Their Back

*Mary's POV*

I'm laying on the bed in cell block A, sick. With Carl standing over me, with a damn smile on his face.

"I'm here because Daryl and the other are back with the medicine." Carl explains to me.
"But still you should have waited till Hershel was done treating me!"

While I was listening to music, with it turned all the way up, there was an outburst off walkers and a lot of the sick people died. As I argue with Carl Hershel comes in with the medicine, and treats me.

"You better give his dumb butt some too, just too be safe."
"Safe, uhh." Carl winks at me.
"Screw you!" And I Chinese flip him off.
"You would, wouldn't you! Owww!!" He says get stabbed by the needle.

I just shake my head and laugh.

"You can leave whenever you want, now." Hershel tells me.
"About damn time the smell of sickness is making me sick!"
"Wait, what?!" Carl asks.
"Don't judge, the smell of sickness is my weakness!"
"I don't think you should have told me that!" Carl says starting to smirk.
"Don't even think about it!!"

I run off to find Mika and Jasmine. I trust that Beth took care of them while I was sick. After awhile of looking for them I can't find them. So I go ask Rick if he know where they are. He says he does but it's best to wait for Beth to come out on her own.

So I walk too my cell and lay down and read Harry Potter since I had to read Tom Sawyer, and it boring. Carl soon comes in and lays down next too me. He brought his comics, of course, of course. When he falls asleep, I get up and go get lunch, for both of us. I eat mine and cover his up so it stays warm and continue reading. I soon fall asleep.

When I wake up Carl is gone and so is his food. I get up and go to the bathroom. Afterwards I head outside and considering the walkers, it kinda smells good out here. But then again it might have just been being in that cell block. I spot Rick out in the field taking care of the crops.

I run full sprint over too him. Man it feels good to run.

"Whatcha doing?"
"Stuff.."
"And thangs" I finish for him.
"Yes, exactly that!" He says laughing.
"We're going to have to harvest these soon, it's starting to get cold out." He states.
"And I guess I'm going to have to put up with hunting with Daryl. Right?"
"Yep." He says back.

I get down on my knees and help him with the crops. After awhile I get up and go take care of the horses. I saddle up Flame and put a halter on Bucky. I get up on Flame with out a bridle and run around the field with both of them.

When I look over I see Carl and stop watching where I'm going and Flame rears up and I fall off, still holding Bucky. Flame runs off, so I jump on Bucky, and run after Flame. I soon catch her, and take her back to the pin with Bucky.

I head over to Carl and we head up to the guard tower where we always talk(the one that I punched.) I end up falling asleep. And when I wake up I'm in bed with Carl. I go back to sleep. God he's like a heater. He might just have to move into the cell with me too keep me warm this winter.

When I wake up Carl is gone and I hear footsteps, I pretend to be asleep. Whoever it is lays down next to me. It's probably Carl. I feel them turn around and put an arm around me. It definitely has to be Carl. When he falls asleep, I can tell because his breathing has evened out. I turn around and smile as I look at him.

I've been laying here for about 30 minutes. Since I know for sure that he's asleep I get up and go to my bag. I grab a tank top the arm holes go down to about my waist, some dark grey skinny jeans, another black tank top, and some combat boots. I put my skinny jeans on first. I hear something, so I turn around and see Carl rolled over. I sigh and take my pj top off, and put on my bra. I hear something again so I quickly put on the black tank top. I see Carl is looking at me.

"You could have kept the shirt off. You look good in just your bra."
"Shut the hell up!"

I quickly put the other shirt on, then some socks and put my boots on, and lace them up. Then I walk out to go eat. About six minutes later I hear Carl's boots. Yes I learned the different sounds each persons' boots make. After breakfast I go out side and kill walkers at the fence.

Around 2:00 I head back to see Mika and Jasmine. Their about 8 months now, I think. As I walk in, Beth is trying to feed all three. I walk over and help her. She says thank you. I start to walk out when I feel the prison shake. I run outside and the Governor and some people.

Beth runs out to me.

"Go get the kids! Have them out the babies in their carriers and get on the bus!"
"Ok!" Beth says.

I run out of the yard and then crawl to the horse pin. I saddle up both the horses and wait.

____________________________________________________

Comment, vote, read!😃

If you guys could do me a favor and reread chapters 15,16, and 17. I changed them.