Chapter 4

The next day was great. Madeline and I agreed to sleep in until 11:00, then get ready and hang out at around 12:00. We wanted to have a picnic on the lake. So that's what we did. I woke up, got ready, and packed a picnic basket. We were going to our friend Katie's house.

We car-pulled together, so we arrived at the same time. We both had big picnic baskets in our hand as we walked up the stairs to her front porch. Once we got up, we rang the doorbell, and almost immediately we saw Katie through the window, running to the door.

We went through her back porch to her dock on the lake. We placed all of our stuff on a big blanket to sit on, and we enjoyed our picnic. We stayed on the dock for a while, because we were enjoying the food, and the weather was nice.

After we finished our food, we just laid and talked on the dock. Then, we decided to invite Sunni over too. We let her eat while we talked and laughed. The day couldn't get any better. The outdoors felt good, so we stayed out there all day making up dances, doing flips, having races and competitions, rolling down the hill, laughing, and swimming.

We ended the wonderful long day on an even better note, we all had a sleepover at Katie's house. She lived in such a big house, and there was so much to do. We never got bored. We stayed up all night, and there was nothing to not enjoy. It was definitely the best weekend I can remember.

After our sleepover, we all decided to go to Madeline's house. We got there and explored the woods, playing many different games. After that, we laid outside until we got too hot, then we swam in her pool. I had so many best friends now, I felt like life couldn't be any better.