Chapter 5

Then came the Fourth of July. Fireworks, sparkling apple cider, and best of all, bonfires with my best friends. This should be fun. Katie invited me to her house, along with some other friends. Madeline, Chloe, Aubrey, and Paisley. I didn't know Chloe, Aubrey, or Paisley yet.

We went over to Katie's house, and I met everyone there. I was introduced to the three girls I haven't met yet, and they were very nice. We ended up being very good friends. First, we ate pizza and drank sparkling apple cider. Then, we set off the best fire works on the lake.

After all the crazy stuff was over, we had a sleepover at Katie's house again. It was even more fun this time, watching and listening to the loud fireworks while we were doing each other's makeup and nails. Especially with Chloe, Paisley, and Aubrey.

After the school year ended, I thought I would have a boring summer. But I was completely wrong. I had one of the best summers of my life. I made so many new friends, I loved my house, and I wasn't ever stuck in my room watching Netflix, at least not alone.

Before I realized it, summer was almost over. We only had one week until school started again. It was time to do the worst kind of shopping- back to school shopping. At least I wasn't alone at this point either. I had all of my best friends to go with me. And we all needed the same things, so it was pretty easy.

Paisley, Aubrey, Madeline, Me, and Katie were all having a hard time breathing because we were laughing so hard, racing down the aisles of Staples and Kohl's. The best part of back to school shopping was getting a new wardrobe, and we just threw the rest of the stuff we needed into a cart.

After getting everything we needed, we made a "quick" (aka three hour) trip to Target and the mall. We went to Forever 21 first, and got some clothes there, then we went to Charlotte Russe and Dazzle Up. We got some simply southern shirts, vineyard vines, and southern marsh. On our way out, we got Starbucks. We all had an addiction.