Chapter 7

It started out great. We flew rockets for demonstration on the first day, and we got to build them in this class. It was interesting to all of us. The teacher talked a lot the first day, and the class went by slow, but eventually we were dismissed.

Our next class was social studies. That was a subject I've always done well in. But it was Madeline's least favorite. Aubrey was a science person, Madeline was a math person, and Paisley was a language arts person. We did good in different subjects, but none of us ever did bad in anything. In social studies we had assigned seats, but we all got lucky and sat at the same table.

After social studies, we had science, Aubrey's favorite. The teacher was very nice, and we had science experiments and labs a lot. The first day we went over the syllabus in every class, so it was a boring day. I sat next to Katie, Madeline sat next to Aubrey, and Paisley sat with a girl named Kennedy.

After science we had lunch. There were eight seats at every table. We all brought a lunch, so we got good seats. At our table was Aubrey, Me, Paisley, Katie, Madeline, Kennedy, Abigail (which I just met), and Maddie (who I had met in my careers in tech class). We had no empty seats.

After lunch, we had a ten minute recess. We just walked around and talked. After recess, everyone walked around the whole school to get back to our class rooms. Once we got back, we switched classes immediately.

After science we had language arts. I did great in language arts last year, but this year my teacher was new, and had no clue what she was doing. She was nice the first couple days, but after maybe three days she yelled all the time. Language arts was now my least favorite class, but it wasn't too bad.

Last was math. I was very good at math, so I did great. We weren't in honors math, but I was last year, so I was basically re-learning everything. Last year I struggled a lot in math, so this class was a recap to make sure I understood everything, so I was doing a lot better.

Finally, the day was over. We all got on the bus. It was about a 45 minute ride, so we finished our first- day homework (we had to write about what we did over the summer).

When we got home we all went swimming in my pool, and then everyone went home because we were all tired. When everyone was gone, I ate dinner, took a shower, picked out my outfit for the next day, and went straight to bed.