Eight

"I CAN'T DO this"

"I CAN'T DO this"

Ethan and William looked over at their friend who was walking up to them, they were outside on the bleachers, they had just finished practicing. "Can't do what?"

"The bet, I can't do it anymore" Louis clarified, "What? No, yes you can, you can do it" Ethan said Louis shook his head.

"No, I can't"

"And why not?"

"Because it's wrong! I mean these past few weeks I've gotten to know Scarlett just like you told me to and she's honestly not that bad" Louis explained.

"Oh god, don't tell me your actually starting to like this girl?" Ethan said, "What if I am? Look I can't do this anymore, I don't want to her hurt her" Louis said and Ethan stood up.

"But she deserves it!"

"No she doesn't! I thought she did but she doesn't, she's been through so much and I don't need to add onto that" Louis said and Ethan rolled his eyes.

"Oh please, everyone has a sob story, it doesn't mean anything" Ethan said, "You don't know what your talking about" Louis shook his head.

"Oh yeah? I bet her sob story isn't even that bad, I mean what happened? Did she get bullied? Did she get called names or what?" Ethan said.

"No actually, her dad died, and her family hates her and she blames herself for it, still think it doesn't matter?" Louis said and Ethan backed up as Louis got in his face.

"You have no idea who she is so don't you dare talk about her, and forget this bet, I'm telling her about it later today" Louis said as he began to walk away.

"You tell her and the whole school will know how much of a coward you really are!" Ethan shouted and Louis stopped in his tracks.

"Too bad they don't know about this bet" Louis said as he turned back around to face Ethan, "The team knows" Ethan smirked.

"You told them?!"

"Well of course I did, the more people who know the more money I get" Ethan smirked and Louis walked up to him, "Your not getting that money"

"Then stay, it's too late to back out anyways man, you want that money? Then do the bet and win" Ethan said and Louis' jaw clenched.

"What do you even need the money for? Your rich" William spoke up, "So?"

"Louis needs it, right Louis? I mean it's easy money, and it's a lot of money by the way, your getting eighty bucks from every member on the team, that's gotta be like two hundred bucks right there" Ethan said and Louis looked away.

"So what do you say man? You in? Or out?" Ethan asked Louis. Louis looked up at Ethan.

"I'm in"