friendsgiving

✧

"These fries are not it."

JJ pushed away the basket of fries sliding them over to Evelyn. Her and Asher sharing annoyed expressions. The two had originally planned on a small date at the cafe but, the blonde had spotted the couple and walked over, crashing their date.

"Don't you have a game to get ready for?" Evelyn asked, nibbling on a fry. "Go run some drills, QB1. 'Cause Ricky and Asher have not been working their asses off just for you to lose this game."

"I am ready, Evie," JJ chuckled.

"Man, be serious," Asher said. "And she's right, I've been working my ass off all season. We can't blow it."

"You think Montes is gonna have big-time recruiters there?" he asked.

"Isn't that what that scrimmage was for?" Evelyn asked, resting her chin on her boyfriend's shoulder. "Weren't there like, a bunch of recruiters there."

He nodded. "Well, yeah. But her husband hasn't been to a game yet."

"Wait," Asher said, furrowing her eyebrows. "What are you talking about? Who's her husband?"

"The defensive coordinator over at Coastal California," JJ answered. "Butler figured it out the other day."

"She probably didn't want everyone to know," Evelyn defended.

Asher turned to his girlfriend, sending her a glare. "Don't you have a Friendsgiving to go to?"

His response was off-putting but, she knew how close Coach Montes and Asher were and how much time he had put into the field this season. "Go be mad at Montes, not me! Because I am not the one you should be angry with."

"You tell him, girl," JJ cheered, raising his fist to the air.

"Stay out of it, JJ," Asher scoffed. "Look, Evie, I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to come out that way. But, I am on strict orders to make sure you get your stubborn self to Layla's house."

"Let me guess, Simone?" she rolled her eyes.

"Yes," he confirmed. "But, you were the one who said you wanted to go. So, go, and try to talk to Layla. She's your best friend and I'm sure you miss her."

"Fact," JJ added.

Evelyn turned to face JJ. "Stay out of it, blondie!"

The blonde held his hands up defensively. "I was trying to help."

"You're right," she turned back around to look at her boyfriend. "But, I can always stick around and we can do something."

"Or we can do that," JJ shrugged.

Asher rolled his eyes. "Go."

She let out a small groan in protest. "I am not a fan of you."

"Well, I am your biggest fan," Asher teased, pulling his girlfriend in for a kiss, softly smacking her backside. "Get out of here, babe."