four

nina salazar roberts was walking into her school, east high, with her head held high and her three best friends beside her. nina wanted sophomore year to be the best school year she will ever experience, she hasn't always been popular, or known for that matter. but this year nina wanted to change things.

last year, in freshman. nina was performing in the school's production of beauty and the beast, she was the small fork in the back. her two mom's came to watch as they were her biggest fans. as the night went on, one of nina's mom's, dana, had a heart attack during the musical.

it was the worst thing that could possibly happen to nina, it couldn't get worse than this.

after the terrible loss of her second mom, nina was heartbroken, she loved her mom's so much and having to lose one broke her into pieces, the loss of her mother affected her so much she lost the ability to use her legs.

nina was at her swim meet in school, on a regular tuesday afternoon, she was fully prepared for the competition. nina dived into the water and all of a sudden her legs just switched off. there was no medical reason for this to happen to nina, but she did have to use a wheelchair for months.

nina went back into school with everyone staring at her. the poor girl just lost her second mother to a heart attack in front of the whole of the theatre and now has been paralyzed by physcosomatic shock.

for the rest of freshman year, nina was in her wheelchair, getting backhanded comments from her fellow classmates, nina hated it so much, she just wanted it to be over.

their was this time when nina's mom, carol, took nina grocery shopping and as carol was packing the car with the groceries, nina was sitting on her wheelchair watching the one and only ej caswell messing around with his friends outside the store. ej must have amazing look's because it helped nina.

as nina was watching ej, she stood up from her wheelchair and managed to use her legs again, carol was over the moon by the fact her daughter got the use of her legs back.

and now here she is, nina salazar roberts, walking into school with her own two feet. everyone was staring at the group of four when they entered east high, i mean, can you blame them?! the girl that was paralyzed is now walking, with her legs, into the school building.

"have you seen the nurse's new haircut, i love it!" gina said enthusiastically.

"yeah?" asked ashlyn.

"really?!" said seb.

"guys, sophomore year is gonna be our year, i can feel it." nina said interupting her friends.

"sophomore actually means 'wise fool' in greek, so it could really go either way."

"oh my god i just realised, this is our last first day of sophomore year ever!" seb said with a huge grin.

"im gonna cry."

"right, this reminds me of a problem i wanted to talk to you guys about." nina said taking a pause.

"were not cool." nina admitted.

"uh, would a cool person wear one dangly earring, and roller blade to school?!" said ashlyn proudly.

"no ash."

"who says were not cool, we get to eat lunch in the teachers lounge!" seb admitted.

"yeah, we cant do that anymore.."

"guys, dont you want a better high school experience! i mean, last year was a freshman shit-fest." nina said.

"are you saying that because of your mobility issue?" gina said with sass.

"what..no! nobody even remembers that-." nina said rolling her eyes whilst getting interrupted.

"sup FDR?"  a few students said whilst laughing after commented about nina's mobility issue.

nina knew it was going to be tough for people to forget, so she had to make it count.

"ok this brings me to my plan, this year were rebranding." nina said to her three friends.

"we are glamorous people who deserve a sexy high-school life."

"gina, you are natrually snatched! but dress like a helpful honda guy.." nina admitted shyly not wanting to hurt gina's feelings.

"what!? the janitor said i reminded him of his nephew... favourite nephew."

"ashlyn, could you chill out with your spontaneous singing?" nina asked.

"not likelyyyyyyy" ashlyn sang.

"and seb, could you atleast try be a little mean?! your way too nice! you gotta be tough lil guy."

as nina gave her friends instructions, she prayed that this would all work out in the end.

notes

hi ! i hope you guys are enjoying my book so far because im enjoying writing it !!!

- gracie