5

"Shh, it'll be ok," he cooed, rubbing circles on George's back.

"Clay..how do I get home..? And what do I tell my dad...?"

"You can ride with me on Axiel, and we'll find something to do."

"We..?"

"Yes George, It's my job to help and protect you."

————————————————————————

Clay felt George's grip loosen and let go, so he also let go.

He looked George in the eyes. His eyes where red and puffy from crying. It broke Clay's heart to see George like that.

He stood up and helped George up. He mounted Axiel, and George mounted behind Clay.

He wrapped his arms around Clay's waist to hold hisself up.

Clay felt butterflies at the touch. He slapped the reins, sending Axiel into a gallop.

George squeezed Clay's waist. He rested his head on Clay's back. Clay hummed a soft tune and closed his eyes for a moment.

He opened his eyes to see the end of the trail, and the horses stables.

George looked up from Clay's back and rested his head on Clay's shoulders.

"Peaches," he muttered. He closed his eyes, a tear ran down his cheek.

————————————————————————

Clay pulled Aliex to a stop in front of the horse stables. He dismounted Aliex and held out his arms for George. George jumped down from Aliex and ran into Clay's arms.

"Clay," he looked up from Clay's chest plate, "I'm tired.."

"I know," Clay whispered, "but we first have to tell your dad what happened."

George sighed and grabbed Clay's chest plate. He lift it over his head and cried into his shirt.

Clay was about to grab it back, but since the prince had wanted it off, and they where in a safe spot, he kept it off.

He tightened his grip on George and squeezed him tighter. He slowly let go, and George took his cue to let go.

Clay grabbed his chest plate and slid it back on. He grabbed the prince's hand and led him inside.

They walked through the hallways and to the throne room. Clay released George's hand then opened the door.

They stepped inside to see a timid looking king, he looked restless.

Clay walked up to the king and bowed. The king sighed. George came up next to Clay and smiled.

"Good afternoon father."

"Good afternoon son," he mumbled.

"So, I cane to inform you that..Peaches..she..ran off.."

"Ran off?"

"She reared up and knocked me off, but luckily Clay caught me. After rearing she ran off into the woods. Clay was too set on catching me to run after her."

"So Clay did his job?" The king mumbled.

"Yes," George sighed.

Clay certainly did his job, and maybe even more. He was a friend.

A friend.

"Thank you Clay for catching my son," Phil smiled faintly.

"Of course your majesty," he sighed and cocked his head towards George.

"You two are dismissed now," Phil growled.

George and Clay bowed before exiting. George started walking down the halls, Clay following behind.

They arrived at George's door. "I'm going to take a nap," he mumbled. "Ok prince, have a good rest."

George's mouth turned to a frown. "Can you come lay down with me? You don't have to sleep just.." he started.

"Of course George," Clay smiled. George loved seeing Clay's smile. George and Clay walked into the room and George ran up to his bed and collapsed on it.

Dream laughed at George's silly actions and sat down on the bed. George curled up under the blanket and closed his eyes.

Clay grabbed out his book from yesterday and started reading it. He laid down to get more comfortable.

————————————————————————

About 15 minutes after George fell asleep, Clay was still focused on his book. Until felt a hand on his waist.

The hand moved up and across Clay's stomach to his other waist side.

Clay sighed and watched as the hand slid down onto the bed.

Then a head slid against his waist. He felt a leg wrap around his, and a firm blush crept across his face.

George was moving in his sleep

Clay sighed and laid his head back against the pillow. He closed his eyes, but fought sleep.

No Clay don't fall asleep, what if his brother or his mom or one of his maids or anyone comes in?!

You have to stay alert.

Alert

Alert

Al-ert

He felt numbness shift over his body as he drifted into sleep.

George would never love me