10

Sarona:
Today was the day. Ahh, I am so excited about this surprise party; aunty Ata really deserves this. She has always gone above and beyond for us since day one and it's time we gave back. I walked into the courtyard seeing the boys coming in from the other side carrying boxes upon boxes. I watched as they put them on the stage.

"Sis there you are"

I turned to see Dwayne coming towards me with more boxes on a trolley. I crossed my arms as he stopped in front of me, he gave me a sheet of paper as I looked at him even more confused.

"Um what's in the boxes?"

"Decorations"

He smiled patting the pile of boxes while looking at me. I counted the boxes and shook my head as he chuckled at my reaction.

"All these boxes contain nothing but decorations that I have to deal with?"

"Yep and those ones on the stage"

I turned counting the boxes on the stage shaking my head turning back around to Dwayne. Is this man insane? There are more than 15 boxes here all together full of different decorations that I have to set up. IS HE FUCKING CRAZY?

"Dwayne when you told me I would be in charge of decorations you didn't mention anything about the amount of shit I will be having to deal with"

"Hey hey come on now don't give me that"

"But it's true. Look at the number of boxes you are making me open, unpack and set up"

I walked away further out into the courtyard as he followed me. I made it to the stage looking at all the labels. I turned and saw Dwayne looking down at me with his hands on his hips, he pulled me into a tight hug.

"I'm sorry. I know I should've told you before just showing up with these boxes, but you know I wouldn't have chosen you if I didn't think you could handle this. Come on Sarona you're the only one who I know will set up everything perfectly just for mom, if it makes you feel any better myself and the boys will help you set up the main areas and the girls will help decorate the tables"

I looked at him as he pouted, I laughed and rolled my eyes.

"Fine you can stop pouting you big dummy"

He laughed letting me go walking over to the guys. I turned to the stage and opened the first set of boxes labeled "Head Table". I pulled out a small box that contained the placement cards, I smiled and looked through the names for the head table putting them aside. I pulled out a black table cloth and put it on the rectangular table. While I pulled out the rest of the decorations for the table Dwayne coming towards me.

"Hey sis the guys and I are going to pick up some last-minute supplies"

"Ok"

"Can we borrow your Ranger?"

"Why would you need my truck when you and the twins all drive one as well?"

"Two pua'a per truck"

"And who will be driving my car?"

"Jey"

"Nope definitely not"

"Ok then Jimmy"

"No"

"Then um"

I looked as he scanned the room trying to find someone to name. He knows very well I will not be giving over my keys to the twins. Don't get me wrong I love them but them driving my Ranger? Hell no. I waited as he was still trying to think of someone.