two

"𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬

"𝐰𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐧𝐨 𝐥𝐨𝐧𝐠𝐞𝐫 𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐟𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐢𝐭𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐢𝐭 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐲𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐮𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐢𝐯𝐞𝐬."

you dumb girl

i weave my fingers through my slightly curly hair, bringing it to the top of my head. my fingers absentmindedly tie my hair up into a ponytail. i can feel the end of my hair tickling my neck, the book opened in front of me is useless. i stare back at my blank parchment in front of me, my quill laying atop of the parchment, ink dripping off the end. my eyes are blinking rapidly, the dryness from the lack of sleep is making my eyes feel like sandpaper.

i feel my legs bouncing uncontrollably under me, and i am viciously picking at my cuticles. i feel eyes staring deep into the right side of my face. my legs stop bouncing under his cold intense gaze. after the events of last night, my heart begins to hammer against my chest. i gulp knowing that he is not looking away from me. i then turn my attention back to the blank parchment, the ink has now created a black splotch in the middle of my paper.

i try to ease my mind off the events and pick my quill up and begin taking notes for the hardest class, alchemy. do not get me wrong, am i intelligent? yes, very much so. did i have any clue what i wanted to do with my future? not at all. most people have an idea of what they want to do with their lives post-graduation and have a path all mapped out. on the other hand, i was top of my class but still struggled to find what i wanted to do after i graduated.

i suppose this frustrated many professors seeing such a bright witch without a clue of what she wanted to do, however, it frustrated our headmaster the most. tom has been trying to help me too, but then i just get overwhelmed with all the things i could do with a career in the future

i go back to trying to take notes from my alchemy book, gripping the quill tightly, thinking that would give me the courage to take these notes, i feel dark eyes still gazing into the side of my face. so i snap my eyes in the direction of who is staring, and as suspected it would be other than headmaster riddle himself. as our eyes meet his dark brown irises glare deeply into me, with that i scoff.

at the moment he was caught up with a swarm of fourth year hufflepuff girls trying to ask his opinion on the effect of a mandrake's scream. these girls knew the answer from their second-year herbology class but were lamely trying to flirt with our headmaster. i rolled my eyes due to them being loud and gathered my things and left.

as i entered the corridor, i hear footsteps behind me,

"where are you off to, vertigan?"

"study somewhere that is quiet," i snap back