tom marvolo riddle

"𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐝 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞. 𝐢𝐭 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐞𝐨𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐝𝐢𝐝."

the grey misty, haziness was thick in london, it was blinding the coldness of the night was biting at a young woman's flesh. she tumbled over her feet, wanting to let out an agitated scream. she felt a liquid drop down her leg, but she had to force her feet to keep going. she needed to find somewhere safe for herself, but also her baby. she saw a poorly lighted front door, and she fell at the steps and finally released that agitated scream.

an older woman came bursting through the front door to notice the younger woman below her was clutching her stomach. the woman yells,

"martha, come quickly!"

the older woman places her arm under the younger one, helping her stand up. martha comes sprinting to the door to help guide the woman inside. the younger woman was yelling, not caring who heard her, the pain was horrendous.

"mrs. cole, where will she go?" martha  questioned

"take her to the sitting area, and let's prepare for delivery."

mrs. cole states loudly so the young woman could hear as well. they stumbled into the area, and the young lady looked awful. her hair was matted down to her face, had prominent bags under her eyes, and her clothes appeared unsanitary. the young lady looked like she lived on the street, she just looked unkempt, no one to call hers, nowhere to call home.

mrs. cole appears in the room shortly, "alright darling," she starts while placing a cool rag on her forehead. "it's time to start pushing." the young woman then lets out another strained scream as she goes into labor.