Christmas Eve

Chapter 1.......

RING...RING...

The phone ringing in a remotely dark room.The sunlight trying to enter through spaces of the blinds. It was a messy room, filled with empty cans of beer, empty dishes, and a pile of clothes spread all along with the room. The work desk was rather piled with papers and manga.

In the middle of the mess was a girl lying on the cold floor and covered in a pile of trash herself. A small beam of sunlight hit her eyes which eventually woke her up. Trying to figure what happened last night she picked her phone which was ringing aggressively.

'Hello?'

'This is Tsubaki right?.. Where the heck are you?.. DID YOU FORGET THAT WE HAVE A MEETING IN ABOUT 2 HOURS??!!'

'HUH?'

'It seems like you were drinking all night. You still have time for a few hours. I will somehow manage to pursue the boss. So come quick...'

'Oh gosh...You know what? I will head out asap...Thank you for reminding me again. Don't worry about that idiotic boss of ours I am sure he won't say anything...I will definitely not forget to treat you. I love you Erika...>w<'

Erika is one of Tsubaki's colleagues/friends in the office. She is her life savior and has always got her back and that goes the same for Erika too.

Tsubaki, now in a hurry changes her clothes to at least look presentable and heads out in her same old messy hair. Even though she was in such a hurry she never failed to greet her neighbors and the people she knows on the way to the station. Her sweet and charming personality and her looks often made it easier for her to make a good impression on the elders and even the nosy ladies who would often gossip about all the youngsters who live alone around here

It was Christmas today and the city was cold, the snow filled the entire streets making it rather aesthetically pleasing to look at. The streets of Tokyo were bustling with people. The same old sight of the news displayed on the big screen while crossing the road.

Today was rather a special day as the news was talking about this one person who created a buzz in the entire country.

But not having time to read or see anything which is happening around her surroundings Tsubaki runs to the station and heads into the washroom where she removes her shoes and changes into her heels removes her bun to reveal her long black wavy hair which she tries to brush it out with her hands and touches her face up and heads straight to the train. While traveling on the train she sees the beautiful snow which had covered the entire city. It is kinda her habit to look out of the window and admire the city and its beauty and today was also an extra special day as the city was beautifully decorated for Christmas.

She thankfully reaches her office earlier than expected and immediately heads to the meeting. The meeting went quite well and the clients were quite impressed by her work. It was a really big deal as the clients were really important for the company and she was assigned as the manager of the project and she couldn't have afforded to make any mistake. the whole team had worked hard for months. Finally, after all these months of hard work, she and her team got a month's break from the company as the clients were thoroughly impressed and approved of the project.

It was a long and rather stressful day but it was all worth it as she finally got a long proper break after 2 years of working in her company.

As she sat on her desk rather tired Erika approached her...

'Finally, finally, I can plan a week-long trip with my boyfriend and enjoy my time*with sparkly eyes*..ehhh..are you even listening to me? What happened to you today? You worked so hard on this project and almost messed up at the end. Did you lose your mind working while working on this project or what? It is also very rare to see you drink during working days.'