Two

" Cordelia and Keiran, stay after class

" Cordelia and Keiran, stay after class." At the sound of her name, Cordelia looked up and made eye contact with her teacher, Mr. Powell. " Don't worry, you two aren't in trouble." Cordelia nodded and got back to work.

" Keiran as you know, your Calculus grade will not get you to pass this class so I've decided you will get a tutor." " A tutor? Can't I just give you the work, I can have it done-" " You can't do that work if you don't understand the work Keiran." Mr. Powell turned to Cordelia, " if you do this then it will add to your resume and give you a college credit.." He said.

  Cordelia sighed and nodded. " Sure, I'll do it." The teacher clasped his hands together, " great, you two are dismissed." Cordelia gathered her things and put her bookbag on her back and started to walk out.

She walked out of the classroom but before she could get any farther her name was called, or something like her name.

" Lia!" She looked back and saw Keiran walked toward her. " It's Cordelia." " Oh right, can I get your number, ya know for later?" " Oh yea, sure." Keiran pulled out his phone and handed it to her, she looked at him with her eyebrow furrowed.

" Uh..password?" She didn't know wether to ask him for it or hand it back to him so she sorta did both. " 3058." Cordelia's eyes widen softly but opened his phone and searched to find his contacts. She put in her contact and handed it back to him.

  " We can just go to the coffee shop or something-" " Why would we do that?" He asked cutting her off. " To study-" " I'll just send you my address, it's not a big deal." Cordelia nodded. " Okay, see you then." Cordelia walked off, " bye Lia!" She rolled her eyes and kept walking.

Later that day school had been over and Cordelia and her sisters had been waiting for their mother to come pick them up. " Lia!" Cordelia internally groaned at the nickname and turned around, her sisters did the same. They saw Keiran jogging toward them.

" I'll see you later right? I sent my address." " Yea, I'll be there." " Cool, just wanted to make sure." Cordelia nodded, she noticed his eyes trail up and down her body, she couldn't tell if he was looking at her disgust or not. " Lia, mama's here." Cordelia looked behind her and saw her mom pull up in the car circle.

" I gotta go." Cordelia left him without letting him say another word. She got into the front eat and her mom looked at the boy she saw her daughter speaking too. " Who's the white boy?" She asked, " he's an acquaintance." Cordelia answered.

" Cordelia.." her mom dragged out her name, " my teacher asked me to tutor him in Calculus, I have to go over to his house later, if that's okay with you." " Look at my baby being all smart and shit." Her mother squeezed her cheek playfully and Cordelia rolled her eyes.

" You can take the car, I'll just ride the bus to work." "Thanks mama." " Wait wait wait wait wait, you're gonna tutor the Kit Jacobs?" Chantelle asked, " yea why?" " He's the quarterback of the football team." " Okay?" " That's like so embarrassing for him, imagine everyone finding out that he has to get a tutor."

" Having a tutor isn't embarrassing Chantelle." " Yeah okay."

Later that day, Cordelia took her mom's car to the address she was sent by Keiran. She had pulled up in front of his house, before she could get out, her phone rang. She pulled it out from her bra and looked at the number. Cordelia sighed and answered the phone.

  " This is a pre paid call from Greenes Correctional Center, you will not be charged for this call, this call is from..Dustin Martin.." Her father's voice came after the robotic one. She pressed the number five and put the phone back to her ear.

  " Hey baby." " Hey." " How are you doing?" " Good, you?" " I mean, I'm in prison baby so I guess I'm okay, you okay, you sound sad." " No, I'm fine." " Okay, you know you can tell me anything right?" " I know." " You would tell me if somebody was fucking wit' you right?" " Yes." " Core-" " Dad I have to go." " Oh okay, I'll call your sisters, I love you." " Love you too."

Cordelia hung up the phone and got out of the car. She grabbed her school bag and walked to the front door, she knocked on it and waited for an answer.

Moments later, the door opened and there stood Keiran with a tight fitted shirt on, sweatpants and messy hair. With the fitted shirt, Cordelia could shpe out his body more, he was very muscular for an 18 year old but it made sense becasue he played football.

" Hey." He greeted, " hi." " Come in." Keiran opened the door wider to let her in and closed it. " Do you want anything to drink or eat?" He asked her, " no I'm good." "Okay, follow me." Cordelia followed Keiran to another room. The house was large so he was obviously wealthy but it wasn't mansion big.

" We can work here." It was a nice sized room, kinda looked like a library but it was more homey. There was a desk, a tv and some chairs that looked very comfortable.

  Keiran pulled up a chair to the desk and sat in it leaving the comft rolling chair to Cordelia. She sat down and pulled out her stuff and Kit did the same. " So Keiran-" " Kit." " Kit, what do you have trouble on?" She asked.

  Kit hesitated, " everything?" Cordelia nodded, " okay, let's start with this."

A few hours pass and the pair had been working pretty well together. Cordelia and Kit had a nice dynamic, he cracked some stupid jokes that actually made her laugh here and there, she made sure he understood the work and they worked well together.

" Hey Lia, can I ask you something?" " Sure, what's is it?"

" Would you like to come out to eat with me tomorrow?"