Six

"...was it obvious to everybody else? That I've
       Fallen for a lie... Fool me once fool me twice      
      Are you death or paradise?"
                        ~ Billie Eilish~

The doctor was stunned.
with three most powerful people on earth in one place, or by the unearthly beauty staring holes into him,or was it the nearly bled out man who was fighting with all he had left to retain his already slipping consciousness, and the already passed out lady with a huge gash that was expertly sown back together.

It did not matter the cause, the doctor was stunned and utterly terrified

He always is when he gets calls from the Armani Smith mansion, which happened more times than he would like. He never knows what to expect, from extremely hurt people to already dead ones. The timid doctor had tried to quit working for the family, but after a not so subtle threat of death and increase in salary, he never brought up the subject again. 
He was afraid one day, his poorly heart would give out ,out of terror.

He did not need any further directions nor ask questions. He had long learned never to ask questions.

As the lady looked well taken care of, he turned to Joe and gave him a shot of morphine. He remembers the first few times where the mafia men had refused the morphine shot. According to them pain is necessary. As a punishment or as a way to remind them of their humanity, the doctor did not know. He also doubted the latter was even a viable option. however, a few months of sleepless nights filled with pained groans and screams  of the tortured victims he was also in charge of patching up and making sure they do not die without permission, he had begged the family head to allow him to administer morphine.

He did not want to be there for a moment longer than needed, so he made quick work of treating Joe. Though he wondered how he had gotten hurt. Just as good as the brothers, Joe was never one to easily get hurt. And why was he not treated with whoever treated the lady,he wondered and despite his better knowledge, he asked " who treated her?" he was surprised that that did not come out as a stutter and more surprised when the dainty, little beautiful girl raised her hand.

" Is everything ok Mister?" she asked oh so sweetly, in the most polite voice he's ever heard used in this particular house.

What a sweet girl he thought.

" N-o! No! its w-we-ll d-one!" He exclaimed with a blush.

The girl gave him another heart shuttering smile and he could not help but look away. The doctor thought it odd that such a sweet, beautiful, innocent girl was in the company of such people. She looked no older than  17.

He was never one to belive in religion, of any kind. May the gods protect her he thought solemnly as he made his exit.

Little did the doctor know that the girl was done putting her life in the hands of others...god or man.  she had come to terms with her situation and made up her mind to do what she should have done since. She, better than anyone else should have known that living as a normal human being was never in the books for her. It was all a lie, wishful thinking and foolish dreams.

She was not allowed to dream.

Of a life other than what she was, she was not allowed to dream.

" I need your help."

" Why should we help you?" The pregnant woman who was apparent to her as the lady of the house asked.

She sure did talk a lot. If she was her fathers wife, she would have long learned that women were only to be seen.