Chapter 7

Severus shoots up in bed breathing heavily.

His heart is pounding and his pajamas are sticking to him from his sweat.

He breathes in and out deeply a few times, trying to calm his racing heart.

As quietly as he can he puts on his shoes and sneaks out of the common room.

He walks down the cold stone hallway and takes a left, looking around to make sure there are no prefects around.

He keeps moving forward until he reaches the teacher dorms. Sunflower was one of the teachers that were aware of his nightmares, she helped him with them when she could. Professor McGonagall and Headmaster Dumbledore were already doing enough for him and he did not want to burden them with his problems.

Sunflower couldn't sleep.

She was laying in her bed staring at the curtains, as she had been for the past three hours.

Hearing knocking, she got out of bed.

"Severus, what's wrong. Oh, do you want to talk to me about it." She asked, bending her 12 foot tall body to match the boy's.

"It's one about her death again. I can't stop seeing it."

"Oh Merlin."

The duo talked until the younger felt better and at this point, the prefects around the area soon became less.

"Severus, I know I'm not much but feel free to talk to me about it any time you want to." Sunflower said hugging him.

It's a wonder how flexible she can be.

Sunflower hands him a card to give to the prefects if they happen to see him. No need to get him in problem.

Leaving the dorm, he was aware that someone was watching him.

"Wonder what Snivellus is up to. I should prank him or should I take points of Slytherin." James thought with a smirk.

James hurried along as fast as he could to keep up.

Severus was rushing back to his dorm.

James was startled to find him crying as Snape suddenly tensed and whipped around.

Severus' eyes were red and he looked very tired.

It was clear that he was indeed crying, normally it didn't bother him that the snake was crying but the fact that it was so late at night. It meant that it was not from humiliation or shame but something else.

"Potter?! Here to make fun of me are you? Or are you here to remove points. I'll have you know that Professor Sunflower gave me permission to be out here." Snape hissed at him before showing him the card that Sunflower gave to him.

"No. I actually wanted to know what's wrong." James said.

Severus stared at him for a second, as if deciding wether or not to trust him.

He nodded, hoping after that the boy would leave him alone afterwards.

They both arrived at the front of the Slytherin dorm where James sat on the ground to listen to why the smaller male was crying.

"My mom died a year ago, it's her death anniversary today."

James's eyes widened.

"The police say that she killed herself but I know that she didn't." He continued.

"How?"

"My father is a muggle. My mother was the witch but my father hated magic. He thought it made us freaks. So he tried to beat it out of us." Severus said, he touched his shoulder where his father had burnt the last vacation.