7✓

Jungkook woke up feeling disoriented, he began trying to open his eyes but it was all blurry. His head was spinning. He grunted at the pain, he clutched his head with his right hand. He haltingly got up, few painful groans slipping past his lips. He held the bed for support, he tried standing up, but he felt weak in his knees.

He limped towards the bathroom reaching near the sink, he stood in front of it, and glanced at his arm, it was covered with dried blood, wounds, few even slash open for the deeper cuts.

He turned on the tap, as the water started running down and he gently started rubbing his arm to not hurt it. The sink was bloody with the blood, after washing his arm, he drained the dirty water. Then he took the first aid box and bandaged it messily.

He ate something to restore his energy, which were nothing but cornflakes and some milk. He ate sluggishly, munching on them, thinking, thinking about yesterday's night events.

He was contemplating whether he should show up at the company or not? Maybe he shouldn't, because Taehyung looked so out of character for him, he appeared as if he would fire him.

"Ahhh" Jungkook whined slightly, he can't understand men ever, they be with shittest moods ever. And no one could predict what they will do next. I think, I should go? but he doesn't want to.

Because, not only Taehyung has hurt him, he left him alone at the street at mid night. Throwing his thoughts aside he just went ahead and wore his office attire and set off to the company. He knew it was late but who cares?

-

Taehyung was checking himself in the full length mirror in his bedroom, he fixed his tie and straightened his coat. He checked himself for the last time and went ahead, grabbing his car keys, headed straight to his garage and drove off to his company.

He was driving when he remembered the night before. He just knows that Jungkook wouldn't ever show up to the work- because he pretty much hurt him, so it was valid of Jungkook not to show up. What should I do? Maybe apologize? Nah, it wasn't that bad. Or maybe just see what happens further, he would never forgive any Jeon, they took everything of his. He will make sure to make them pay for their filthy deeds of them.

Taehyung is aware that what he has done is wrong, and he is, of course, guilty. But he refuses to apologize since it would damage his ego. His ego is preventing him from apologizing.

Yet his thoughts wandered to when Jungkook's hand connected with his; they weren't soft, yet there was a calming warmth in them that calmed him down. And that's what him scared, his feelings. He would do anything not to let his emotions take over and make the same mistake he has made in the past.

Love, Yes, Taehyung very well knows this feeling, the spark when they touched. The stars in Jungkook's eyes. He is not a fool to be oblivious to these sensations, which are genuinely love.

He needs to do something about them, before something tragic happens like his past. He will be brutal, to protect himself.

-

Taehyung was typing on his laptop, furiously, as his work was little overdue and he has to complete. As, Jungkook was not here too made all the work even more on him.

He kept working, until he heard someone knocking at his office door, he just slightly muttered "come in", but loud enough to be heard by the other side person.

-

Jungkook contemplated if he should go or not, but he has no option, he won't be able to find another job in no time soon. He is stuck, he cursed his fate. And knocked the large wooden door, he heard a silent mutter, taking the cue he opened the door and entered in. He stood there and looked at Taehyung who was still looking at his laptop and not at him.

As for Taehyung he thought it was some other employee, "If you gonna stand there like this, you can go don't was-" once he looked up who it was, he shut his mouth and gulped down. Jungkook stood there, but he looked very off to him, his face pale, chapped thin lips, as if some truck ran over him. He bit his tongue before he could ask if he was alright. But he just let it slide.

"Oh, Um? you're here?" at this point he is just sputtering shit, he knows it. But he doesn't know what else to say.

"Yes- Mr. Kim" Jungkook's voice was hoarse. Taehyung felt a little concern over him, by seeing his condition he, um, felt a little guilty. But he remained to be an asshole, which he is. He won't forgive the Jeons.

Taehyung's mind recollected the day, when he made Jungkook to sign the contract. Oh, this is gonna be fun. he internally thought. An evil smirk spread over his facial features.

" Oh I thought you wouldn't be here, but anyways just remember one thing Jeon, The contract, even if you want to leave, you can't. At least for two years" he smirked, looking at Jungkook who stood there, gritting his teeth, he wanted punch the shit out of this man.

"Neither do I wanna leave this place Mr. Kim, at least for two years" he said, his teeth grinding. Taehyung saw him, trying to control his anger. He let out a humourless chuckle, "You're cute like this Jeon, angry but couldn't do anything. I am the one who's in control of everything here. And I can, very much destroy the whole Jeons"

"I would gladly see who's gonna do what Mr. Kim" Jungkook smiled, but it didn't reach his eyes. It was plain, and dry. 'No one can lay their hands on Jeons' He knows they were the reason he is suffering but looking at Taehyung challenging him like this, it burned him. He wanna kill him. He had enough of everything. Something about that rigorous tone made him to prove that he isn't weak, that he too, is strong.

He knows he is playing with the fire, but he would extinguish the fire himself. He won't get played off this time, it's either killing himself, or dying with mortification of seeing Taehyung satisfied of what he does to him.

"I see, you're challenging me darling. And you must very well know that, I hate losing" Taehyung walked towards Jungkook, each step slow. He reached near Jungkook, standing too close to him, their faces just inches apart. Jungkook matched the glazing eyes of his boss, with the same fierce in his eyes.

"I hate losing too, Mr. Kim" he seethed out, the both had challenging looks on their faces, burning to kill each other, the fire to win.

_Tbc_

Another update! If you have any questions regarding the characters behaviour just comment down.

I think this book is gonna turn into rivals to lovers genre [not enemies]

I hope you're enjoying reading the book! And please let me know the grammatical errors occured in the chapter, I will try making it correct!

And again English isn't my first language.

— Nish🦋