Why

Miyeon sat on the edge of her bed. She opened the drawer beside her bed and grabbed her pink notebook. "pink... it's her favorite color." She mumbled and chuckled at herself.

it has become a habit of hers. every time that she feels alone, she opens her note book and writes about the girl she's lost.

She knows Minnie can't hear or read them but this is the only thing she can do to calm herself now.

It all started after Minnie came to Korea to study. Minnie met Miyoen on her first day in korea. they were roommates and soon, they became friends.

At first, they were just friends but then Miyeon started to grow feelings for her bestfriend. however Minnie didn't feel the same. classic isn't it?

Miyeon wanted to confess. she had done it for 100 times in her head. she had practiced it in front of mirror for a week. she knew minnie liked someone but the Thai never told her who was the person she likes so Miyeon hoped it was her. she was so ready to confess her feelings when one day Minnie came home with so much happiness in her eyes.

"SHE SAID IT MIYEON ! SHE SAID IT!" She shouted from excitement.

"Who said what?" Miyeon asked confused.

"Lisa! we are official now! finally she noticed me!" she said again and pressed her palms together.

This was something that she did when she was excited. Miyeon knew it. she knows everything about Minnie even better than the girl herself.

Small details...

The way she would thumb her right foot when she is annoyed, the way she would only eat the middle part of her bread, the way she would never shower or took a bath if she was alone at home because she was scared some one might come in and hurt her while she doesn't have anything to protect herself, the way she would put her finger on the side of her head when she is thinking and the way she pressed her palms together when she is excited.

"What?" Miyeon asked dumbfounded but Minnie was way too happy to notice her friend's sudden change of mood.

"Lisa confessed to me today! can you believe it? she was the person who I always talked about. remember? " she explained excited and Miyeon felt like her heart got stabbed.

'I should've known. What the fuck was I even thinking? Minnie? liking me?'

"Congratulations! "Miyeon said trying her best not to cry in front of Minnie.

She masked her feelings that night. She's been doing it for about 6 month now. She is a pro when it comes to faking her emotions.

She was not only heartbroken, but also angry at her friends.

She felt betrayed.

Lisa was the only one who knew about Miyeon's feelings for Minnie.

'How could she do this to me? I trusted her and she decided to go and date the person she knew I was in love with! I thought she was my friend...' Miyeon thought that night while she cried herself to sleep.

The next day she saw Lisa sitting alone in the cafeteria so she went towards her and sat in front of her.

"How could you? " Miyeon asked without greeting her.

"What do you mean?" lisa said pretending not to know what Miyeon is talking about.

"Don't play stupid Lisa! you asked her out when you knew about my feelings towards her." Miyeon said anger visible in her voice and in her eyes.

"So what? She likes me, not you and that's what matters right now." Lisa replied not showing any emotion.

Miyeon clenched her fists and tried her best not to make a scene in front of other students.

Miyeon distanced herself from Lisa. she didn't even tried to talk to her and Miyeon didn't do it either. what could she possibly do? they were together already and she was sure Minnie doesn't like her so she stayed quite and pretended that everything is ok although she stopped hanging out with lisa and her squad.

Minnie asked her if there is something wrong between them but miyeon said that they are still friends and everything is fine.

Miyeon grabbed her pen and opened the pink notebook but closed it immediately as she heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!" She said and hid he note book under her pillow.

"Miyeon~ah? Do you want to watch a movie with me?" Minnie asked her with the softest voice ever as she opened the door and Miyeon felt her heart melting.

"Sure!" She replied and stood up to go to living room but she is still pretty much confused by Minnie's request.

"What do we watch? " Minnie asked as she flopped on the couch.

"I'm ok with anything. " Miyeon replied and went to grab some snacks for them.

"Didn't you tell you're going on a date with Lisa today? why didn't you go?" She asked as she came back from kitchen and sat on the other side of the couch.

"She called earlier and said she has to finish her project for tomorrow and that she can't make it." Minnie replied and grabbed the packet of chips that Miyeon has brought.

Minnie played a Thai movie and put on the Korean subtitles for Miyeon.

"Why this one?" Miyeon asked and giggled as she noticed how excited Minnie is to watch the movie.

"This is Lisa's favourite movie." Minnie answered and Miyeon's smile immediately disappeared by the mention of Lisa's name.

'Right! It's her again. I guess i'll always be the second option' Miyeon thought and laughed at herself bitterly.

They continued to watch the movie and Minnie kept mentioning Lisa.

"She really likes this scene!", "Oh! He is Lisa's Favourite actor!", "Lisa's mom made this dish for us when we went back to Thailand together! "

it has been going on for a hour and half now.

'Why is this fucking movie so long?' Miyeon thought and face palmed internally.

The movie ended finally and Miyeon went back to her bedroom. She didn't write anything in her journal that night. she just took a sleeping pill and forced herself to sleep.

Hi! thank you so much for reading this book. English is not my first language so please feel free to correct me I would really appreciate your help.

I really love Mimin fics I don't know why but they're somewhat different. I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I do.
He he :D

I've already finished writing this book so i'll upload a new chapter every Friday. please look forward to it.😃🧡

Thanks for reading.

stay safe 🤠❤