Ch 18: Running The Show

~Aaron's POV~

Now me and Lynne had to go dress shopping with trying to not be caught by Toby. Like two girls being gone for hours wasn't suspicious or anything.

The old man took the money and literally ran for it. Good buscus lord was he in a hurry. I locked up the house with the key I got and prepared for a twenty minute walk back to my Jeep.

While walking however, I got a call from Lynne.

"Hey Aaron. How are we doing this?"

I thought about it for a second and realized, what of this all goes horribly wrong. What would I do? What would Lynne do?

"I don't know but we'll try. I'll swing by to pick you up in about, 45 to an hour okay?"

Lynne hung up. What was up with her hanging up on me lately? It was hard right now in L.A. Considering the time was about.. 1 or 2 o clock in the afternoon. It took me shorter to get to the jeep and it was hot when I climbed inside.

Rolling down the windows, I turned on my personalized radio, which had all of my favorite songs on it. It started out with "Smile Like You Mean It" by the Killers. Driving at this time was bad on the street, but the freeway? It was like a ghost town.

I reached Toby's house around 3 and I knocked on the door, my hand on my hip. I pushed back my curly blonde hair and waited. The door opened, and there was Jack Douglas.

"Well hello there." He lowered his sun glasses and smiled.

"I'm.. I'm here for Lynne." I couldn't keep my eyes off him. He was glorious.

"Lynnie! Your cousins here for you!"

He turned back to me and winked. I just stared at him. I was a little bit taller than him, but not by much. His eyes were just like an abyss, I could fall into them forever.

"Hey Aaron. Ready to go?"

Lynne ruined my moment with her face appearing above his shoulder. F*ck you Lynne f*ck you. Oh wait, somebody already did that for me. Jack moved out of the doorway and I didn't want him too.

Lynne stepped in front of me, eyebrows raised. I pulled out my pistol and shot the tree in the front yard.

"I'm ready now."

Before I turned away however, I heard Jack call out to me.

"Hey Aaron! You coming over again?"

I swear I almost had a heart attack.

~Jack's POV~

God that girl was hot. And scary. As her and Lynne walked away, I heard another gun shot.

What the hell! I shouted in my head. I turned and saw Aaron shot the tree, but this time it bounced off and I heard glass break. I turned to where Aaron was looking wide eyed, and saw the neighbor's French door window was shattered out of the frame.

"I DIDN'T DO IT! YOU SAW NOTHING!"

Aaron grabbed Lynne's wrist and ran for the jeep. I saw the neighbor running out of the house shaking his fist and screaming obscenities. The jeep bolted away and I just smiled. I fell in love with a crazy detective.

~Lynne's POV~

I turned to Aaron who's face was beet red and her pupils were dilated.

"I SHOT A TREE! I SHOT A TREE! WHICH ENDED UP BEING A FRIKIN IRON MAN TREE BECAUSE IT FRIKIN BOUNCED OFF AND HIT THE NEIGHBORS WINDOW!"

"Aaron, calm. Down. Why are you so wigged out?"

Aaron looked at me, pupils dilated. She gave me the murder face and she then turned to face the road, and I had to think about it. Her face when I appeared behind jack was like that shocked meme.