Enchanted

Gina woke up on late Sunday morning, still totally beat but also very content. Her and her friends had been out until the wee hours of the morning, ending up at Ricky's place after bowling where they had spent their time chatting about anything and everything and bonding. They had also done a bit of an impromptu karaoke which had ended up being a hoot. Gina was amazed to see how insanely talented all of her new friends were and she was also happy that she was able to now be part of this slightly weird but welcoming and genuine friend group. She didn't know when she had last felt so comfortable and at home while being surrounded by so many people – and she really liked it.

Also, she had been able to pretty much scratch both Ricky and Big Red from her list of suspects of who could be her duet partner. While they had incredible voices, they were so different from both each other and her singing partner's that she would be really surprised if she ended up being wrong with this. However, her list of suspects was therefore nonexistent at this point in time and for Gina that meant being back to step one when it came to finding out who the amazing voice of her duet partner belonged to.

Sitting up in bed and stretching her tired limbs, the girl took a look at the clock. Immediately she sat up straight. Dammit, Gina thought. Maybe staying out too late hadn't been the best idea after all. At least, she should have set her alarm clock. Now she really had to step on it if she didn't want to be late for lunch with her mom.

First off, Gina raced into the bathroom in order to take a quick shower. She turned the water on, took off her clothes and quickly jumped in. She couldn't hear any other sounds this time, indicating that her duet partner was not taking a shower right now. Well, the girl thought, no surprise, there was no chance that they'd always time their showers so perfectly.

Letting her thoughts wander a little as she let the warm water soak her skin, Gina thought back to the night before and a pair of intriguing blueish-green eyes appeared in front of her closed eyes. What was it about this guy? the girl thought. She had seen him twice now, hadn't spoken a word with him, but, somehow, he was in her head. Kinda like her singing partner. Not knowing what else to do, Gina started singing the first song that came to mind, trying to keep her thoughts from straying much more.

There I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles

Same old tired, lonely place

Walls of insincerity

Shifting eyes and vacancy vanished when I saw your face

All I can say is it was enchanting to meet you

Well okay, maybe Taylor Swift's Enchanted hadn't been the wisest song choice when trying not to think about some guy – or rather two guys – stuck in her head. But hey, the girl had had a long week and a late night the day before. She really couldn't be held responsible for her actions when she was still dog-tired and clearly not thinking straight.

Your eyes whispered "have we met?"

Across the room your silhouette starts to make it's way to me

The playful conversation starts

Counter all your quick remarks, like passing notes in secrecy

And it was enchanting to meet you

All I can say is I was enchanted to meet you