Chapter 2 - Dishes and Dancing

April held up a pile of plates and spun around in some fouettés. It was her usual routine, to wash the dishes and practice her dancing.
“Hey, April!” Sarah slid into the kitchen. April startled, mid-fouetté. “Oh, hi, Sarah.” she smiled self-consciously, brushing back her hair. A slight blush crept across her cheeks.
“Were you dancing again?” Sarah asked. Without waiting for a reply, she warned, “You could slip, you know. On the water.” she gestured to the puddle that was spread on the floor.
April’s blush deepened. “Yeah, I was dancing. I didn’t see the water on the floor... Sorry.”
“I’ll take that.” Sarah grabbed the dishes in April’s hands (and almost dropped them by how slippery the soap was) and began scrubbing them vigorously in the sink.
“Wow, ok ,” April remarked, gently taking the dishes back. Sarah shot April a glare and snatched the plates back, then continued her scrubbing.
“Morning April and Sarah,” Michelle appeared. “Did I miss breakfast?”
April laughed. “Yeah, you did. But don’t worry. I saved some for you.”
“Where’s Nick?” Michelle asked.
April and Sarah glanced at each other and both shrugged.
“He was there at breakfast. Maybe he’s in his room?” April suggested. “I’ll go check.”
“Hey, what about the dishes?” Sarah yelled after her, but April, with her dancing skills, dodged Sarah’s soapy hands and raced up the stairs.
Once upstairs, it didn’t take too long to find Nick’s room. Although April had just moved into Nick’s house, she could navigate her way very well around the house.
April knocked one, two, three times, before waiting and barging inside.
Nick was in the ensuite bathroom, having a shower.April smiled, then exited the room, closing the door behind her. Nick was none the wiser. “He’s having a shower!” April yelled, flying down the stairs and back in the kitchen.
Suddenly something covered her eyes and said:”he is not anymore.”
April gasped and flung Nick’s hands away. “Oh, Nick, you’re impossible.” Nick laughed and lent forward.
“ Uh oh smooch alert”, Michelle whispered quite plainly and loudly to sarh.”
“No not today and especially not in front of you”, lied April convincingly. Then Nick walked over to the kitchen to hopefully retrieve a snack for one of his favourite places - the fridge.
“Hey    ! That’s unfair! You already had breakfast!” Michelle shouted, launching herself at her brother.April laughed, and took the dishes back from Sarah. This time, Sarah didn’t seem to mind. April resumed her long-forgotten scrubbing. 
Until Sarah grabbed the dishes back again. April went to her room glad to hide herself from the embarrassment earlier on . April’s bedroom had a big bed with two bedside tables. Her room also included a desk, a small sofa looking out the window and a small wardrobe next to the door.Nick’s room had a small bathroom in it with almost all the same furnintre April had in her room in his except there was a TV at the end of his bed with a set of gaming controllers. The kitchen was small but bright with golden furnishings, the living room included two sofas and two armchairs, a TV and a big fluffy rug also including two shelves. One filled with dance books like : a beginner’s guide to dance, the rules of dance, leaps in dance and so on. The second cabinet was filled with trophies April had won before.Sarah and Michelle shared a room filled with toys and leotards.Of course there were two extra bathrooms one with a bath.