Chapter 6 - Dance is my life

About half an hour later, the door to April’s room banged open. The exact same woman she had seen earlier came in.
“Mom,” April said awkwardly. She smiled slightly.
“Oh, April,” her mother looked at her. “I...wanted to talk to you about something.”
April frowned, ignoring the tears that gently brushed her cheeks.
“April, don’t cry. It’s ok.” Her mother brushed the tears away and looked April in the eye. April turned away, hiding more tears.
For all she knew, she hadn’t cried in years and certainly not because of her mother.
“Mom… what do you want to tell me?” she asked quietly.
“Not now, April.” Her mother gave her a quick hug and turned to leave. “See you tomorrow, then?”
“Uh.. maybe the day after. I have a training session with the girls then a meeting with Welly Wong.” Well, the last part was a lie, but Welly Wong did say that he would contact April about his next show.
“April, baby girl, maybe you should drop this dance thing.” her mom said softly.
April whipped around. “Excuse me? Mom, you full well know that ‘this dance thing’ is my LIFE!”
“Ok, ok, don’t get too worked up about it. It was just a suggestion,” her mother soothed.
April took a breath. “Mom, you seriously don’t know anything about me!” she huffed. “Now just leave.” She made sure her mother left before she slammed the door.
As soon as she did, tears rolled endlessly down her cheeks.