CHAPTER NINE

*TW: TRAUMATIC FLASHBACK CONTAINS ABUSE AND FIRE*

" Hey! get away from her!" I yelled to him the second I saw him pulling her pigtail, from where I sat down just a few feet behind them, I threw two rocks off the ground at him when he pretending how he didn't heard me yelling at him, the second ro...

" Hey! get away from her!" I yelled to him the second I saw him pulling her pigtail, from where I sat down just a few feet behind them, I threw two rocks off the ground at him when he pretending how he didn't heard me yelling at him, the second rock landed on the back of his head before he shoved her backward and he then marched in toward me," You two,stop it!" I heard Sonia yelled from the door frame leading to the back garden, her son's hands still wrapped around my neck before I kicked him by the groin and moved myself from the ground," He did it first," I yelled over Sonia before I turned myself back at him," I told you stop bothering her," I said with a kick over his side before Sonia manage to pulled me back away from him.

" That's enough you two, come on help me prepare the table for dinner," She said in the same time she fixed her pigtails to a bun instead, I stared at Sonia with anger building up inside me before I glared back at him, " You're not going to do anything about him? " I asked, still annoyed that he always get away from trouble," Don't worry, your brother will not getting lunch money this week," Sonia said as she took her hand and walked inside," Foster brother," I muttered under my breath and walked away to the opposite direction instead.

That night the five of us were sitting in the dining room having dinner like an actual normal family like no one knew would happened in the upcoming weeks or month, but of course that was a lie because there only two people on the table who were completely in the dark.

She was only five when she joined the foster house and I was the oldest one in her group, even though I was only two years older than her- but we became close over our shared favorite book and chocolate pancakes instantly.
I was excited when Sarah told us we both got the same foster parents, but that was before we met their own fourteen year old son, Kyle who I thought didn't really talk much, at least until the house was empty whenever Sonia and her husband went for a business trip, and Kyle turned into a spoiled talkative bitch.

It was cold winter in Portland that night, Sonia left a voicemail hours before and told me to get started without them- We were in the kitchen celebrating her 15th birthday when the police pulled out in front of our house, I was the one who opened the door but then Kyle running toward the door and yelled for me to go upstairs like he always did whenever there were guests visiting the house, but I wasn't eight years old girl that he could ordered me to move anymore, so instead climbing the stairs, I walked away slowly, back to the hallway leading to the kitchen where I can still heard the police talking- something about an accident that killed both Sonia and Martin.

___________