40

We didn't leave the bed at all. Rishi was feeling better but he clings on me like a panda and I love it.

"Rishi! I painted you!" I said excitedly while he was sitting on the chair in front of me.

He looked at me surprised and I wiggled my eyebrows at me.

"You know how to paint?" He asked looking at me and I gave him a straight face while holding a brush.

"Dude, have you seen my cakes? I literally pipe on them!" He just stared at me.

"Really? dude? Did you just call me dude?" He chuckled, walking to me.

"At least I didn't call you bro. You might get a heart attack." I mumbled and he stared at the canvas, making me sit on his lap.

"You're serious?"

"Obviously." I shrugged and he gave me a unpleased face.

"What? It's you! You're a coconut. So, I drew a coconut!!" I said excitedly, showing it to him. It was coconut on a stick man.

He stared at me in disbelief while I hold the canvas next to me face.

"Oops I forgot." I drew 6 small rounds on the stick man, indicating that it is his abs.

He stared at me and bursted out laughing. He was laughing so hard, clutching his stomach and almost fell from the chair.

I wasn't offended at all. I want him to be happy and it took me 3 days to get to see this laughter.

"Gosh, you're so cute." He laughed pulling me back to him and I smiled looking at him.

"I love it and the coconut head with a smiley face looks good. Let me add something." He leaned towards the canvas and drew another stick lady, holding a cake.

"Okay, now it's perfect." He smiled widely at the canvas and looked at me.

"Oh! I forgot another thing." I took a small paint brush and wrote our initials at the corner right. I smiled at it and Rishi kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm definitely hanging it up at our living room and it's our first painting together." and that's the first thing he did.

We were in our room, watching tv with me sitting in between Rishi's legs and he was leaning back at the headboard, wrapping his arms around me.

"I don't want to worry you but your dad hates me a tad bit more than expected. He's a little scary." I mumbled, glancing at him and he looked at me.

"I saw that and you don't need to be scared. You're safe with me and I'm not going anywhere." He said sharply, kissing on top of my head.

I stayed silent, thinking his dad's face. That man use to hug me like a daughter.

"I settled the amount. Right after we got home." He said slowly, making me turn and look at him.

He just smiled, holding my arms.

"It's silly to ask this but are you okay? You didn't say anything about it. You're always prepared but you were really taken aback." I said slowly, holding his hands.

"I was. I know he's heartless but that was unexpected. Made me feel like I was born just to make him more money and money was the only thing important to him. But I feel so much better now. I feel like a burden is lifted off of me." He said smiling at me, squishing our faces together.