Chapter 3: Mysterious Mana's Marvelous Magic

“Why HELLO!” the girl exclaimed. Matt’s eyes widened, while Christian remained unfazed.

                “Hello Mana!” Christian replied. The girl, apparently named Mana, gestured that Matt and Christian come inside. Matt followed his brother into the building. The walls were completely white, and the floor had hard, brown wood. A black table was in the center of the room that had a deck and duel disk rested upon it. There was nothing else but blank space.

                “Is that your brother?” Mana asked Christian.

                “Sure is!” Christian replied.

                Mana ran up to Matt and started hugging him. “He’s so CUTE!” she exclaimed. Matt’s cheeks turned a bright red. Mana seemed to be in her early twenties and was very excitable and cheerful.

                Soldier was leaning against one of the walls and just watched blankly at everyone. Mana released Matt, and Matt took a few steps back. He noticed Soldier leaning up against the wall. He sighed and redirected his attention back at Mana. Oddly, her eyes didn’t meet with Matt’s or Christian’s. She was strangely staring directly into Soldier’s eyes. Soldier stared back with a new, grim expression. Mana simply smiled positively back and waved her hand at him.

                Soldier’s expression changed to utter surprise. Mana quickly connected her eyes to Christian’s. They began chatting about that “event” coming up during Spring Break. Soldier walked up next to Matt. “Mind coming back here? We need to talk,” he said urgently.

                Matt didn’t know what to do but agree. He followed Soldier to the farthest corner of the room from Mana. “What?” Matt asked.

                “She’s familiar… She’s so cheerful, and the fact that she’s blonde reminds me a lot of someone… I can’t put my finger on it.”

                “Also, she can supposedly saw you,” Matt added.

                “Wow,” Soldier said as if he were impressed.

                “What?”

                “The fact that you know what ‘supposedly’ means astonishes me.”

                “Oh shut up,” Matt whispered as he returned to the middle of the room.

                After about five more minutes, Mana’s attention was refocused on Matt. She bent down with her hands on her knees. “Wanna see a magic trick, little guy?”

                Matt’s face lit up even brighter than before. “Sure thing…” he said slowly.

                Mana responded by having her grin grow wider. “Mind me having a look at your deck?” Matt replied by taking out his cards and giving them to her. “So Matt, I’ve heard a lot about you. Somethings from your brother, and others from other sources, anyway, I’m going to pick the top five cards that can describe a few things about you!” Matt’s eyes narrowed. How could Mana do that? “Your extra deck is in here now right?” Mana questioned.

                “Yeah,” replied Matt. Mana shuffled the deck and took out the top five cards.

                She began to giggle as she showed them to Matt. Three of the cards were Blue-Eyes White Dragons, the fourth card was Polymerization, and the fifth was Red Night Dragon, the card he received from Abigail.

                “These cards mean you like joining together with allies to become more powerful, that you enjoy a strong challenge, and that you are a bit stubborn.”

                Christian chuckled at these words. “You bet.” Mana handed Matt’s deck back to him. “Well we should be going. It’s a school night after all!” Christian stated.

                Matt nodded. “Alright, it was nice meeting you Mana.” Mana responded by winking at Matt which caused his cheeks to burn. Matt decided to go out first in front of Christian on the way out. Soldier stayed, however, and examined Mana.

                “Better be off Soldier. I don’t know why yuh don’t like Matt! He’s adorable and seems fun.”

                Soldier flinched. “Who are you?”

                Mana giggled. “That’s my secret!” Mana exclaimed while making it like she was locking her lips. Soldier grunted and followed Matt and Christian back to their home.