Chapter 7: Girlfriend and Girlfriend

* * Emotion/direction/action/scene/pov change

' ' Thoughts

" " air quotes

( ){ }[ ] Author Notes

Sushi Tone change

________________________________________________________________________________________

*Resort Room*

*1st pov*

Mizuhara: *stern* Why can't you just sleep here?

(Y):..............*nervous* Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

I-I-I-I don't know what to do here! Why would Mizuhara suddenly suggest that I should sleep next to her? God knows how much I gross her out to the point she doesn't even want to be seen with me, so why would she suddenly decide that me sleeping next to her isn't so bad?! Did Gran say something to her?! Is she afraid her grandmother and Gran put cameras in here? Would they actually do that?! What's going on here-

Suddenly, I was flicked in the head, and in my shock, I jumped backwards and crashed on the ground.

(Y): *shocked* What did you do that for?

Mizuhara: *shocked* What was with that reaction?! You were giving me this weird look so I thought flicking you would make you stop! It felt like an attack on me of some sort. 

(Y): *sighs* Sorry, just got a lot to process at the moment. Lots of things going on at once and it's getting a little hard to comprehend some of it. 

Mizuhara: *sweatdrop* I suggest trying to keep your lust more hidden then.

(Y): *upset* That's not what I meant!

Mizuhara: *stern* Just don't get the wrong idea by this. I said you could sleep here because I'd feel bad for making you sleep out in the hallway. Customers have the right to the service they paid for. 

(Y): *sweatdrop* While you do have a point, given the circumstances, isn't it a little weird to have a guy and a girl sleeping in the same room, even if nothing were to happen?

Mizuhara: *blunt* If you even think about making a move, I'll see you in a Tokyo District Court.

(Y): *upset* Why would I even make a move?!

Mizuhara: *stern* Well, I have trained in the art of self defense, so try anything and you'll be met with swift responses.

(Y): *sweatdrops* Good to know that you'll drop me for just looking at you then.

Kachan: *whines*

I looked over to see Kachan had pulled his bed beside where I had laid my futon, on the opposite side of the room from Mizuhara's futon. Kachan then crawled up in his bed and laid down before looking up at me expecting me to lie down soon.

(Y): *sighs* It's getting late. I'm gonna get some rest, goodnight. 

I then hit the light switch as I got down under my futon's covers while Kachan curled up in a ball in his bed and went to sleep quickly. It wasn't long before I heard Mizuhara climb into her futon as well and an echoing silence filled the room. I tried to go to sleep but I still had a lot of thoughts buzzing in my mind. For example, I still need to break it to my Gran and my parents that Mizuhara and I aren't a couple and that we "broke up," but the thing is, I don't really want to break up with Mizuhara.....And yet at the same time, it would be wrong for me to keep dragging her into my own problems..... I admit that I have developed feelings for her, whether I like it or not, but at the same time, I also have to understand that Mizuhara will never reciprocate those feelings back towards me. Still, even though we are on opposite sides of the room, my heart is racing just being near her. And yet instead she probably sees me as scum right?.....Come to think of it, do I really know how she feels about me? Of course she doesn't feel anywhere the same as I feel about her...but is there any chance she could at least see me as a friend or something more than a burden?