Chapter 9: Christmas and Girlfriend

* * Emotion/direction/action/scene/pov change

' ' Thoughts

" " air quotes

( ){ }[ ] Author Notes

Baka Mitai Tone change

________________________________________________________________________________________

*Apartment*

*1st pov*

(Y): *near death* I'm so tired......I want to pass out.......even if it's just for a few seconds.

If you're wondering why I'm like this, the answer is simple. Ruka, the girl who has now become my "girlfriend" is like a damn succubus, but without any of the sexiness and all of the draining of my life.

*Ding*

I then checked my phone as I saw once again Ruka sent yet another message.

[Ruka: Still up?]

It was currently 5:42 in the morning, and Ruka had sent me a message each hour, which on its own doesn't sound too bad, but when she does that all through the night, and can't let you sleep, I end up being exhausted! I've gotten at most 3 hours of sleep the past few nights! And sure, that may not sound too bad for people who get less sleep than that, but those people probably chose to wake up earlier for things like work or school or stay up to work on projects and go out and party. I, on the other hand, am trying to sleep and have a living alarm clock going off every hour to check up on me, keeping me from getting the sleep I can and want to get. Meanwhile, Kachan is in my lap, sleeping peacefully while I stay here, sitting at my table while I struggle to stay awake just to answer Ruka!

(Y): *sighs* Did I make the wrong decision?

Against everything telling me to completely distance from this girl, I was forced into a relationship with her to protect Mizuhara. And it's not something Mizuhara has forgotten, nor has she taken it lightly, but should I have still agreed to it? I will admit, Ruka knowing Mizuhara is a rental girlfriend is my fault, but in the end, outside of maybe my G-ma finding out that I was lying, what real consequence was there for me if I told her no? I mean, I still would have been single, but I was planning to look for a girlfriend. Ruka would probably tell Shun that I was dating a rental girlfriend...and probably tell everyone else...and I would be the laughing stock of the group...but it's not like things were any different beforehand I guess.....Still, the underlying thing is that I'm doing this for Mizuhara....but why?...Because if it wasn't for me, Mizuhara wouldn't have her secret on the line. If it wasn't for me, she never would have met Ruka and blackmailed us to make me date her. If it wasn't for me, Mizuhara would still be able to live her life as it was. I am responsible for this situation, so I should take responsibility for it and deal with the punishment....Still, Mizuhara did say she would help me out with this, but since I've started dating Ruka, I've stopped seeing Mizuhara completely, and winter is starting to set in. Even dealing with Ruka is less like dealing with a girlfriend, and more like dealing with a patient or a client. She calls me twice a day, doesn't want me to leave her on read for ANY message, and wants me to always like her tweets! She is far too overbearing that I'm expecting her to kick down my apartment door one day with all of her stuff and move in with me like some anime plotline! Still, at least she is better than Mami. Ruka won't even look at another guy, let alone leave me for someone while we are still seeing each other.

Suddenly, I was brought out of my thoughts at the sound of a shower that I could from my ever noticeable paper thin walls of my apartment. As creepy as it sounds, I knew they were coming from Mizuhara's apartment next door. They were the only thing I have heard from Mizuhara since I first agreed to dating Ruka and taking her on as a provisional girlfriend. But still, just hearing the sound of Mizuhara's shower was making me feel depressed. I needed to find a way to distance myself from Ruka so that I can have some time to myself, but at the same time, I needed something for me to do during that time.