the end

-

One Year After

One Year After

"Honey!" Jaehyun's voice called out from the apartment building. "Where do you want to put these boxes?"

"Uh...." You try to understand the layout of the apartment you have decided to move into with your boyfriend. The whole divorce was messy but you had ended it a few months ago and you couldn't be any happier.

You were dating your best friend and he treated you like luxury.

"The side, Jaehyun," you told him and he grunted before wiping his nose with a dirty hand. You made a face and he caught sight of it, the male grabbing you around the waist to pepper your cheek with kisses.

Everything made sense. It took a while, but it did make sense.

You chuckle, your phone ringing from the kitchen and you moved away from your lover to answer it. It was your sister, now living the city life as she took your place. She seemed to love it and you cheered her on.

"Hey," she greeted and you hummed. "I'm coming over for Thanksgiving. I was wondering how many people are coming."

"A few," you answered when you could hear the sound of an announcement. "Where are you?"

"At the train station. My car broke down and I reckon it's faster. Some teen gave me their card, you know?" She giggled. "He had this like, bright orange hair. Maybe it's a rising business. Roleplay or some shit."

You knew what she was talking about and you tried to casually hide the excitement from your voice.

"Is it called 'The Train of Life'?" you asked and she gave a hum.

"What kind of cheesy name is that?" she murmured and both of you laughed.

"Try it out. Can't hurt, can it?" You leaned against the counter, your sister telling you that she'd give it a try. "What does it say on the back?"

"Mhm, some quote from Pinterest or something." She sounded judge-y and you asked her to read it out loud. "Normality is a paved road. It's comfortable to walk but no flowers grow. Huh. It's a quote by Van Gogh."

You scoffed. "Can Jeno be any more original?"

"Who?"

"Nothing," you quickly replied and she chuckled.

"Oh, look. He's here. The orange-haired kid. Hey! Where are you bringing me? I'll call you back, okay?"

"Wait!" you called out. "If you meet Haechan, tell him this."

"Okay, but who the fuck is Haechan?" she snapped and you knew she'd have to find out on her own. The sound of a train approaching could be heard.

"Tell him that happiness has found its way back to me."

And then the phone went dead.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

If you are enjoying, send me a tweet about the stories so I can retweet it: #mandaleeff #TrainofLife_NCT

Let's connect on twitter!: mandallees

Much love <3