Chapter 15: State your case

***AMBER POV***

As the rain began to fall against the balcony just off my hospital room I couldn’t help but relate to the rain in a strange and wacky way. The rain is just falling out of the sky, unsure of where it’s going to land and where it is going next. That’s pretty much a summary of my life at the moment. I have been cooped up in this tiny hospital bed for way to long. I have had many visitors from family, friends and of course Thomas, though strangely enough Jett has not set foot anywhere near me. I wonder why that is. Can you sense the sarcasm?

The day that Thomas came in and surprised me with all the movies and ‘oh so very healthy’ goodies was one of the greatest nights ever. We were snuggled up in my bed, with the TV going, the nurses even stocked up our bowl of popcorn more than once and we had cute little snuggles. That was now 2 days ago and I haven’t heard from him. I’m not worried or anything. Ok maybe I am worried a little. It’s not like I need him by my side 24/7 but having someone here would be nice.

I’m getting let out tomorrow. They have told me that I’m safe to leave, though I’m not all that confident. I’m scared the same thing is going to happen to me again and I’ll end up back here.

It was now 3:00pm, I was laying in the hospital bed as I have been here for around 2 weeks now. I just got back from an intense session of physio and my knee was killing me. I have a lot more mobility back but nothing as to what I used to.

I’ve had people coming in and out of my room all day, it’s strange to say but the only person I really want to see is Jett. I want his side of the story. So I grab my phone and I know that this is a completely and idiotic move but I text him.

“Hi Jett”

“Oh Hey, how are you”

“Still emotionally heartbroken, in a lot of pain. But I need your side of the story, can you come by the hospital I need to see you”

I didn’t get a reply so I rolled over and went to sleep. It wasn’t until around an hour later that one of the nurses came in and told me that I had a visitor. I tilted the bed up and wiped the sleep out of my eyes. It was Jett. I didn’t know what to feel. Last time I had seen him, he had raced over here to try mend the rest of our falling apart relationship that he had just ended.

“Hey Amber I need to explain…” Jett says softly as he is walking into the room

“Hi, I’m giving you one hour. If you cannot come up with a decent enough excuse for; 1. Sticking up for me and then leaving me when I needed you the most 2. Not coming to see me after everything that happened, and 3. I am so furious about this sleeping with someone whilst I am cooped up in hospital in agony and lonely. State your case”

Jett then began talking......

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors note:

Hello everyone, I am so utterly sorry about not posting this chapter. It has been sitting in my computer for months but Ive had writers block and I didnt know where to go with the story.

Enjoy.

itschloehunter <3