Part 1

"Don't be bemused, it's just the news. Is trouble on the horizon for Paris's it couple?" Nadja Chamack said on live television for the eyes and ears of thousands nationwide. "Pictures have surfaced of resident superhero, Chat Noir, and world famous fashion designer, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, having a midnight rendezvous together."

The images in question popped up on the screen and the viewers saw a picture of a fancy party in a large, well-lit mansion. The event hosted many celebrities, one of which was Marinette. In the first picture of the slide, she stood still, posing with her hair down for the occasion and adorning a beautiful red gown that she had made herself. In the next picture, she walked out on the balcony to get some fresh air and be alone for a minute when she found Chat Noir crouched on the ledge, supposedly waiting for her.

The camera angle then changed, snapping pictures from a perspective that made it obvious that the feline superhero and celebrity designer were unaware that they were being watched. Marinette chatted with the hero for a few minutes before he leaned in closer, giving her his best flirty wink. He held out a red rose to her, which he pulled out from who-knows-where.

This caused Marinette to blush a light shade of pink at his gesture and then accept the gift, before standing up on her tippy-toes to give him a brief kiss on the cheek.

The pictures froze on the last one of Marinette kissing Chat Noir and Nadja's voice played in the background. "While nothing has been proven, these pictures paint quite the story. Is Marinette Dupain-Cheng just thanking the leather-clad hero for all the work he's done to protect this city, or is there something more between the two of them that we just don't know? If there is, are their two significant others aware of this? We have a lot of questions and not a lot of answers. More updates will be coming soon with interviews with Marinette's closest friends. I'm Nadja Chamack, and this is Side by Side."

***

"Ugh!" Marinette groaned to herself as she walked down the streets of Paris. She felt absolutely sick to her stomach and felt an impending headache.

Every phone, television screen, and newspaper had her and Chat Noir's face plastered on it with the headline "Trouble in Paradise?" or something equally as cheesy.

When she walked by people who recognized her, she received giant glares and loud whispers behind her back. It shouldn't have bothered her too much. After all, these were strangers that she hardly knew.

Who cared if they thought badly of her? That they thought she was a no-good, traitorous cheating... cheat! Oh, who was she kidding? Of course she cared!

One of the bolder strangers approached her on her path home and confronted her passionately. "How could you do this?" the middle age woman screeched. "How could you break up the bond between Chat Noir and Ladybug with your wanton ways?"

"Wanton ways?" Marinette echoed dully.

"And you?" the woman pointed a finger at the young designer. "Aren't you married as well? How dare you break the sanctity of marriage by being such a—"

"Look, ma'am," Marinette interrupted before she had to listen to any more slander. "I assure you that there is nothing going on between me and Chat Noir. I would never cheat on my husband."

Noticing the conflict, a crowd had collected around them to watch the confrontation and another stranger, this time, a young boy piped up, "But this isn't the first time that you and Chat Noir have been spotted together, is it?" he asked accusingly.

There was a murmur of agreement that spread through the crowd and Marinette winced at the response. "He's just a very good friend!" she protested.

"Haven't you helped Chat Noir during some of the Akuma attacks in the past?"

"As friends!"

"And doesn't he flirt with you all the time?"

"He does that with everybody! It's just his personality!"

"And didn't your father become akumatized because you two were dating?" A girl asked.

"Umm..." Marinette was at a loss for words. She wondered how all these random people knew so much about her life.

Realizing there was only so much she could say and none of it would convince the gossipers of her fidelity, Marinette pushed past the crowd and continued the rest of the way home.

***

Author's Note: I hope you enjoy reading my fic! Please don't forget to leave a vote if you do! :)