1. There's only one carrot and they all gotta share it

It is sunny in Honolulu. The sounds of the roaring waves offers some breeze to the humid temparature and the balmy sunshine makes one squint. The six women will gather inside Waikiki's mansion because they all have one thing in common: their love for one very special man. So far, the reception welcomes Grace Richardson, the Canadian bachelorette who made sure she left her homeland on an early flight.

Grace's p.o.v

"Hi, I'm checking in. My name is Grace Richardson."

The bodyguard popped his gum, "bachelorette?"

I nodded as he checked over the clippart and let me inside the beautiful mansion.

"Have a seat over there and wait." He pointed to a row of chairs facing the fire place. Above that fire place, hung a large framed photograph of Bruno and his band in their red suits performing on a stage.

I rolled my luggage with me and sat down on the first seat of the first row.

"I got it ma, damn. Let a woman breathe, I just got in so I'll have to call you later." I heard someone say and I quickly snapped my head in the direction of that voice.

Walking in was a young woman with a caramel complexion. She had a phone in one hand, a bag in the other. Her arms full of burdens, she was holding a backpack behind her back and carrying a nikes duffel bag. She was wearing an athletic attire--I assumed she was at the Waikiki Fitness Centre located a few blocks next to Bruno's mansion.

"Have a seat next to the young woman over there." the body guard pointed. She looked to my direction and smiled. I smiled lightly.

"You need any help?" I suggested when I saw her struggling with some bags. She nodded. I posed my cup of coffee and ipod on a table close to my seat. I took her nike duffel bag and placed it on a chair. It was a heavy bag and I wondered what bricks she put inside.

"How did you carry all of this?" I asked in mock horror as I carried her other bags onto the chair.

"I took a taxi, but the driver wouldn't help me--I didn't tip him.'' She shook her head. "Thanks a lot, you're a life saver."

I drop her last bag, "It's no problem. I'm Grace." I extended an arm.

"Grace," she shook my hand lightly. "I'm Elsie. I'm from Florida, St.Augustine, It's a small town and everybody knows each other. Much, much different than Honolulu, this place is massive!"

"Coming from Toronto, I'm sort of used to the big city life." I sat back down and so did she.

"No way you're from Toronto? You know, just a few months ago I ended my contract terms with the raptors. I work with the Cleveland Cavaliers now.''

''Wait, you coach? I am confused, I mean aren't these basketball teams directed by males?" I asked all at once.

She shakes her head and laughs, "No, no, no, I'm a sports therapist. But yeah, I can definitely shoot a few hoops if I wanted." she smiled.

One thing I noticed was that she loved to smile and she had a nice smile. Just like Bruno. Realizing this made me squirm a little bit inside. My insecurities are at it again, damn.

"Wow, that's interesting, it must have been tough to get in though. Aren't these sort of careers competitive?"

"Yeah, well, as an athlete, I love competition, keeps me going and I just love the adrenaline rush I get during the process." she smiled. "What do you do?"

I felt embarrassed to say. I felt that her social prestige was much more valid than mine. She raised her eyebrows and waited for an answer.

"I'm a blogger and a freelance journalist," I sip onto my cup of starbucks and smiled. "Not as interesting as yours."