3. Eennie Meenie Miney Moe

Cuba Habana by Buena Vista Social Club is filling the restaurant and the dance floor is currently occupied by Winnie and Bruno who are doing the salsa dance.

Bruno's hand holds her lower back and Winnie has her hands over his shoulders. She laughs into his arms after he had whispered a dry joke into her ear.

They manage to get the audience's attention. Some are filming from their phone.

Their pace quickens as the rythm and the melody quickens. Bruno who is prone to sweat,  is sweating like a wet turkey on thanksgiving. As for Winnie, she is still dry as a black man's ashy elbow and definitely in need for a round two but Bruno needs to catch his breath because he is growing real tired already.

They sit back down to their tables and dig in to their desserts.

Winnie's p.o.v

"Wooo!" Bruno said as he slumped back to his chair, breathing heavily and wiping his face with a handkerchief.

"I'm really having a good time Bruno. I haven't had this much fun in a while..." I told him and it was honestly the truth.

Dancing with him had made me realize the other perks to life. I was so caught up in keeping my dance as professional as possible that I nearly forgot the meaning of fun and passion.

"I'm glad you're enjoying yourself. " he smiled. "Your homeboy here is mad tired. I don't see you sweating!"

"Because goddesses don't sweat," I winked and took a sip of my martini wine.

"Ahh," he nodded. "Just what I needed tonight. A dance with Aphrodite."

His smile just made my heart flutter. The silence then bore us as we admired each other in the eyes. I broke the silence.

"Okay Peter--"

"Uh oh, not the P word," he laughed.

"My bad," I giggled. "Bruno...now that you've gotten to know me, tell me about you, tell me something that I don't know yet!"

He pondered for a while, "I think it's too early to share secrets."

"You think?" I played along and dipped a celery into the sauce and ate it dramatically before his eyes and ended my performance by flapping my eyes.

"You need to stop that! It freaks me out and it's turning me on at the same time!" He admitted.

I giggled.

"Come closer." He challenged.

I didn't hesitate to draw near him. I slid on the seat next to him and I could smell his cologne combined with sweat and deodorant altogether. It wasn't an entirely unpleasant odour, rather it was attractive to me. He leaned  in closer to my neck and I could feel his breath fogging my skin--the champagne breath invading my personal space.

"Well, I'm definitely not a good guy," he chuckled and it sent electric chills down my body. "I've done a lot of things that I'm not proud of until this day."

He would open up, speak in his consistent low bass voice in my ears, never detatching himself from me. His arm around my neck added to our forming intamacy. He kept it real with me and that's what I loved. None of the hoodrats I've dated ever been this sincere . I just knew Bruno and I had that connection even though he had literally just met me, I felt it and I would do anything to sustain this bond.

"But everyday's a day to change, you know? I believe I'm improving. Day by day I'm becoming a better man than I was before." He went on and shoved a celery into his mouth. "So there you have it, sweetie. An excerpt of Bruno's darkest side of his life."