038

real life !

real life !

George had almost gotten used to Aspyn's absence, and perhaps that was what scared him — the fact that he was learning to live without her, adapting without her. His room was quiet, messier than it typically was. The pile of laundry in his corner had grown immensely in the past week and a half.

Groaning at the bright light that slipped through the crack of his curtains, he squinted at the digital clock sat on his bedside table. The red numerical LEDs read 16:22, which let him know it was well past the afternoon.

He had been logged out of his social media's for almost two weeks now, and he wasn't looking forward to his inevitable return. Dream had told him it was okay, but he doubted it. He could almost predict the mess he left on twitter.

He wondered if she spoke out, admitted anything. He wondered if she was doing the same as he was.

Despite their similarities, George and Aspyn were painfully different. When something big occurred in George life that he didn't necessarily like, he pushed everyone away. He would ignore his phone, computer, social media for weeks, until he felt okay again.

Aspyn was the opposite. She didn't push people away, but rather, she surrounded herself with them. She spent all her time with her friends, hoping that their presence would help her feel less alone. She busied herself in a way that made her neglect realizing there was a problem in the first place.

Their ways of coping were absolutely different, but they were both clearly hurting.

George had heard she went back to California. He couldn't remember who had told him in the fuzz of his unorganized thoughts, but he guessed it was Wilbur. He had tried visiting multiple times, regardless of George's reluctancy to open up.

He was staring at his phone, the dim light of Aspyn's smile staring back at him. He didn't bother to change it, or delete any pictures of them together. He couldn't bring himself to do it.

That felt too real. Like it was really over.

He was startled by the jump of his phone and it began buzzing in his palm, begging for him to pick it up. He suspected that it would be either Dream or Pheobe, but surprisingly enough, it was neither.