Intrusion

I continue to stare out window. A blue box marked 'Police' is materialising right outside the window. It's instantly recognisable from my dreams. I open my mouth, about to freak out and show Kelly and Shelly but a rhythmic thumping distracts me. It continues to get louder and louder. For some reason all three of us in the room know this means danger. We shut up, sit up and listen. Robotic voices start up, muffled. We can hear them threatening to "delete" and "upgrade". Is this some new form of terrorism? The thumps get louder, the voices get louder, we get quieter. We start to hear screaming and my stomach twists. I hold my breath. The window is thrown open.

Our heads shoot towards the window. Shelly screams when she sees a face. A man is stood there, leaning in. He uses his head to gesture that we should get out through the window. Now. We don't take much persuading. One by one we clamber out and stand on the grass. I take the opportunity to look at the stranger.

He is tall and slender, dressed in a suit and tie. A long brown coat billows slightly in the wind. His features are sharp and his hair sticks up. It's the eyes that makes me believe he's not a bad guy. They're much too warm.

"You have to get in the box."
He open the door and walks in himself. Kelly and Shelly just look on, dumbfounded at the small blue box. I walk past and peer round the door. The box did appear in front of my eyes so I might as well take a closer look.
Inside the box is massive. It expands outside it's physical limits. There's a raised platform and in the centre and in the middle is a console covered in buttons, switches and dials.
The stranger is standing next to it, grinning.