»2«

Exhausted, I follow Makki to the classroom. We went to sleep a bit too late, and I can feel it. Neither of us realized how time was flying by. He was having so much fun, so I kept asking for a rematch. I enjoyed seeing him so happy.

Being tired is less of a delight, though. Not only does everything annoy me, it also has me unable to focus. And if I don't focus, I make mistakes. Up till now, it has never caused any problems, but I'm still nervous.

As expected, two people start glaring at us as soon as we arrive. It's as if we have done something really bad to them. Geez. Be grateful, you dumbasses. We're trying to get you together.

"Good mo~orning," Makki greets them with a yawn, ignoring the bad vibes our friends give off.

"What were you two doing yesterday, not answering your phones at all?" Oikawa puffs his cheeks. "Did you forget we had plans?"

"Sorry," I shrug. "I thought we were meeting up today."

My best friend grins. "And Mattsun was too busy getting his ass beaten in a video game for either of us to pick up."

That's kind of true. I ended up 'losing' every single round. Seeing his smile is more of a win to me, though.

I put my hands on my back and push a little, stretching it. Another reason I held back is because Makki only has one bed. The loser has to sleep on the couch, and I'd rather have him be comfortable. It's a really hard surface, and it nearly breaks my bones every time I nap on it.

When both Oikawa and Iwaizumi keep scowling at us, I speak up again. "Why are you so angry? Sure, we missed it, but you two are friends as well. You should be fine on your own, right?"

The latter scoffs. "Would you want to be alone with this idiot?"

"Well... Not really," I admit.

"Can't argue with that," Makki adds.

Our drama queen pouts. "So mean! All of you! Don't leave me alone with Iwa-chan ever again, 'cause he might actually kill me..."

"I'll kill you right now," Iwa says, placing an arm around Oikawa's shoulders and rubbing his knuckles over the brunet's head.

"Wahh! Nooooo! Stop!" Loud cries sound through the classroom, but nobody turns around. They're used to it by now.

I let out a small sigh as I sit down. Does he really have to yell first thing in the morning? And then do stupid things right in front of my face, too... Obviously, they're just trying to find excuses to get close to each other, but neither of them will admit it. It's annoying.

The lack of sleep and my noisy surroundings give me a bit of a headache. If it persists, I might have to go home. There's no use in being here if I don't learn anything, and if I am at a greater risk of exposing myself.

"Help meee," Oikawa cries, reaching for me since I am closest to him. "Iwa-chan, seriously, it hurts!"

"Just die already." I slap his hand away, making clear that I am in a bad mood.

With a look of betrayal on his face, he retreats. Quickly, yet gently, he pushes Iwaizumi away, something he could've done any time. None of us expect his next action: him throwing his arms around our pink-haired friend.

"Makki," he sobs dramatically, in a softer voice, "it seems you're the only one I have. You love me, right? Please protect me."

A split second changes everything. I'm tired. I'm irritated. I have a headache. I can't think clearly. And yet, I should have known better than to do this.

I glare at Oikawa, barely realizing how intensely I am doing it. Stop touching him so casually. Don't ask for his love. How dare you? I want to do that. That's my crush, asshole.

Before I catch and stop myself, he faces my direction and stares right at me. His expression stays the same, but I can see it in the way his eyes sparkle. He knows.

I'm surprised he didn't find out earlier. Oikawa always tries to hide his true emotions, and he's probably really good at it. I don't know. I can't see it. Iwaizumi can, though. I reckoned he would be good at reading others, because of how much he manipulates his surroundings.

Well, guess not. But he does understand now. It was written all over my face, I'm sure. Damn it.

"Ehm, ew. No thank you," Makki frowns. "I'm sure Iwaizumi would want all of your love and hugs, though."

"Oh, I see~" the brunet smiles. "Yours must be for someone else~"

The other two raise an eyebrow at this sudden change in his behaviour. I turn my head to the front of the classroom, close my eyes, and slowly rub my temples. Did I mess up? Can I still deny it?

All these years, I have been hiding it without fail. So why now? This isn't the first time I have had too little sleep. It has been a while, but... Is it simply because my feelings are still growing? Shit. And Oikawa, of all people...

"Do you need some aspirin?" Makki asks quietly. His sudden approach scares me a little bit, because I didn't notice it at all.

"Yeah, if you have some..." I sigh.

He chuckles. "I put some in my bag this morning. You always get headaches when you're tired, so I took them with me."

I try to keep my heartbeat steady. He remembered something small and stupid like that, and then acted on it? That's pretty cute.

"Want me to get you some water?" he offers while handing me a pill.

"Nah, I'll swallow it dry." Thinking that is the end of it, I put my hand to my mouth.

He takes hold of me before I can take it in, though. "That's dangerous, idiot."

Life seems to be fucking with me today. I can't remember Hanamaki holding my hand like this, so it probably never happened. Because this sensation is something I will never forget.

I want it to last longer, but it has to end. My self control isn't infinite, after all. "Right, right. I'll buy some water, then."

While Makki steps back, Iwaizumi comes forward. "You can have mine. Class is starting soon, so you won't make it to the vending machine and back."

"Thanks." I gratefully take it. Though I doubt the medicine or the water will help much against the stress I'm experiencing right now. It's a whole new cause for my bodily pains. Well, it's better than nothing, I guess.

"Ehh, Iwa-chan, you never share your stuff with me!" Of course, the drama queen has to yell again.

"I don't want your filthy hands to touch anything that's mine, Shittykawa," his best friend talks back.

"Wha-- they're not filthy!" Their squabbling continues as I force the aspirin down. Yuck. I hate the bitter taste.

The bell rings, making everybody fall quiet. Even my loud friends keep their mouths shut. Our teacher is a bit of a bitch, after all. Most people don't want to go against her, me included.

I'm kind of thankful for that right now, though. Silence and distractions are exactly what I need. As long as I can keep my mind busy, I'll be fine. I'm sure.

~And we're going right into the trouble! Oh no! -J~