Changing time [S2 Chapter 5]

"Let's end this shall we..?"

The king's eyes opened wide as he saw an unfamiliar person in front of him.

"W-who are you sir?"
He asked startled as he sat back on his bed, while Taeyung chuckled darkly.

"So the father who decided to throw his son and his wife away, can't remember a single thing, because he's living the life and left them to suffer, huh?"
He coldly spoke as the king's eyes widened.

"T-taeyung?"
He choked on his own words before going to take the drink, which he didn't know was poison.

"Shut up! I don't care if you're the king okay?! You're the person I despised the most since I was born- You left me and mother on the streets with nothing!"

"W-what do you mean- "
He started coughing heavily as Taeyung realised that he drank the drink.

"W-wait, please let me explain..."
He breathed his last breath even before he could explain, making Taeyung panic.

"W-wait, don't die yett- Argh again!"
Taeyung dropped the glass on the floor in frustration.

The number of times he's been trying to talk to the King but he keeps on dying. Yup, Taeyung has been going back in time so many times because of his fails.

...

"I promise this is the last time okay,"
He talked to himself before walking into the whirlhole for the hundredth time.

...

Once again, he stepped into the room more professional than the first time, waking him up after pouring the powder into the cup.

"Why did you leave me and my mother?"
He asked this time breathlessly as the king looked at him frightened.

"I-I'm sorry, but I was forced to or else you would've died- "
He died once again after his last breath, whilst Taeyung breathed heavily.

"O-one last time.."

...

Present time

"Taeyung, you came back..."
Her excited tone slowly turned into confusion seeing his back.

Slowly the figure turned around, facing her making her drop her bag in shock.

"Taehyung... you come back?"
Y/N dropped her stuff on the floor before rushing to him in surprise.

He immediately wrapped his arms around her before crying silently, making Y/N worried but also relieved that he came back.

"I-I'm s-orry, sorry, s-sorry..."
He kept apologising while hiding in her shoulder, making Y/N confused.

"W-hy are you sorry?"
She tried to push him back to see his face, but he prevented her to do so.

"I-I... m-issed you so much..."
It sounded like he wanted to say something, but held himself from doing so.

...

"Taeyung are you back... Oh- Your highness,"
Namjoon stood up and bowed down as Taehyung raised his eyebrows.

"T-taeyung... is he here?"
He asked while gritting his teeth, while Y/N and Namjoon looked at him confused and surprised.

"You know- nevermind, it might sound surprising, but... Namjoon should explain."

...

"He went back to the past to talk to the King, but he's supposed to be coming back now,"
Namjoon ended his explanation, making Taehyung realise something.

"W-what year did he go?"

"On the year that your Father died-"
Namjoon answered, making Taehyung shout "What?!"

Namjoon looked at Y/N in shock by his sudden remark as Y/N shrugged.

"H-He was the one who killed my Father..."
Taehyung's eyes turned red in anger, making their eyes widened by his words.

"Oh no- this is bad, he broke the number one rule in the time travel, 'Don't change the past'."

"We have to get him before he kills my Father-"

"It's too late..."
Namjoon cut his words, making Taehyung more desperate to save him from his father.

"We need to go to the Master of Time Travel..."

...

Past time (when time machine was just made)

Namjoon, Y/N and Taehyung entered the same old room, but it was more emptier than usual.

Suddenly a young man entered the room and was surprised to see people in the secret room.

"A-are you from the future?"
He asked in curiosity as they all nodded in union.

"We need your help..."

...

"Someone is taking advantage of the time and is changing the past... I-its my fault.."
Namjoon sighed in regret as Y/N patted his back.

"Well... *sigh* good thing that I prepared an emergency plan, but it will destroy the time machine..."
The man replied in a little disappointment.

"B-but isn't there any other way,"
Taehyung spoke up as the man shook his head.

"But first you have to bring people to their rightful time period or else... I'm not sure what will happen.."

Y/N looked at Taehyung who was looking down and held his hand gently.

"Is there a chance that they will stay in that period of time that they are in?"
Taehyung asked nervously as the man shrugged.

"I've never used the emergency plan, so it will be a huge risk to try."
They all nodded.

"And also... not only everything will go to normal, but also every single memory of time travelling will be forgotten."

"I'm really sorry for having to do this, Sir..."
Namjoon apologised as the man shook his head.

"I always knew that one day, something like this will happen since the world is untrustworthy."

...

Present

"We have to do this plan..."
Namjoon said once they entered the office after going to the past.

"B-but... there has to be another way.."
Taehyung was since upset ever since coming back to the future.

"No Taehyung... if we don't do this, your Father is actually going to die and Taeyung will destroy history."
Namjoon sternly answered as Taehyung looked at Y/N, hoping for support from her.

"He's right, Taehyung..."
Y/N bit her lip, knowing that although they may never see each other anymore, it has to be done.

"I-I need a minute..."
Taehyung sniffled before going out the room.

"Taehyung..."
Y/N looked at Namjoon who assured her to go and talk to him before she went out and followed him as well.