The beginning of the journey [S1 Chapter 1]

"Namjoon! Come help me with this!"

A voice hummed coming from the other room as sounds of footsteps were heard getting louder as he entered the office.

"Hey, what's the job?"
Namjoon came into the door, placing down his work on the desk, averting Y/N's attention.

"I need to find some information for the period of King Kim which I can't seem to find in these history books,"
Y/N threw the books on the table feeling frustrated.

Namjoon sighed seeing her busy state and took a seat infront of Y/N, glancing at the history books.

After a while of silence, his eyes widened hearing his brain made a sound like an idea popped into his mind.

Y/N's raised one of her eyebrows seeing Namjoon's bright state as she was intrigued by his idea.

"How... about we time travel?"
His eyes glowed as he imagined himself in the situation while Y/N's face turned dull.

Her attention turned back to her work, knowing that 'time travelling' was impossible.

"Hey, focus Namjoon. We have no time to dream about those things, if they did exist then what's the point of working this,"
Y/N explanation had a point, but he knew there was such thing.

Namjoon knew that somewhere in this world was such thing hidden deep down in the earth, but he also knew that his partner had her mind close.

They've been working together since college, since they've found out that they had... similarities.

Now they're partners and best friends, working together like there was no tomorrow.

"You know what, we should go rest and consider today as done."
Y/N stood up packing up her essentials as Namjoon just stared at her actions.

"I know that there's something out there,"
He snapped, stopping Y/N as she looked at him confused.

"Long time ago, no one believed that flying a plane was possible, but looking to the future, nothing is impossible like time travelling,"
He rested his head on the table staring into nowhere.

"Well then... I'll be going now, see you tomorrow Joonie,"
Y/N cut off his thoughts before walking away, shaking her head at his words.

"There should be something about time travelling in the old library down the street,"
Namjoon thought watching the busy street.

"Let's prove Y/N wrong,"
He stood up encouraging himself before running off down the street.

...

"Your highness, this citizen has been caught by the royal guards trying to sneak into the palace-"

The guards dragged the man wearing dirty, rugged clothes barely covering his body and threw him to the floor.

"No your majesty! I would never thought of doing such a thi-"
The poor man begged as he bowed down onto the floor shaking.

"You little peasant, don't you think you're going to far by lying to the King?! Your majesty, he was trying to steal..."

As the ambassador tried to reach to the conclusion, the poor old man stayed put on the floor crying for the king to feel sympathy.

"Just hang him by tomorrow morning so the whole kingdom will know what happens if they dare to break the rules,"
The king declared without showing any emotions, shocking the whole room.

"Your majesty, please don't kill me! I have a family waiting for me at home- "
The dirty, poor thing cried out, hoping to receive sympathy.

"Silence! You should have known that there are severe consequences to breaking the rules,"
The King halts as he didn't bother to even glance at the man.