chapter 3

Narrator POV

"It might sound a little bit awkward."

Izzy took Michael's hand for the second time that day. and this has been quite strange, not because of all this contact, but because of the sensations caused by every single touch, it wasn't normal. both felt. they felt a kind of shiver down their spine, a knot in their stomach, and they felt the need to have each other around.

They were almost at Jeff's house. it was easier to go through that wood, as there was a lantern in the tree house. they continued hand in hand the entire journey, saying nothing until they reached the albino's house. As expected there was no one at home, mrs stradlin, as usual, had opted for the dawn shift at the company where she worked.

"You are hungry?" izzy asked as he locked the house door. heard duff answer a simple 'no' "when was the last time you ate something?"

"As far as I can remember, before I left the house today" the blonde practically threw himself on the couch at the house

"Michael! It's been a while, you need to eat!" jeffrey raised his voice a little, not worrying about the schedule "do you happen to want to get anemic? or I don't know, something like that? "

jeff sat next to michael on that stupidly soft couch. it kept repeating itself all the time, izzy worried a lot about her best friend, sometimes it got to be a little irritating, but it was all for duff's sake, there was no way to just avoid it. It was somewhat involuntary

"Damn sorry, I look like my mom" the punk turned his gaze to the albino sitting next to him.

duff smiled, soon after that some laughs took over the room. it was the reaction that izzy loved the most in his best friend, he found it really adorable, and in fact, it was.

"I like that" michael stared at the black orbs of the rapas beside him "the way you care about me."

the dark-haired boy felt his face heat up. never before in all these years of friendship had he heard such words, he had never really said anything like that. It was just...some kind of momentary reaction, but actually it expressed just a little of the feelings they both had, and they still didn't have consent to it. Both reactions were connected in a way, they were connected, that feeling could create a connection between them. It was reciprocal.

"R-really?" Izzy flinched a little, stammering slightly at the atmosphere he had created around himself out of nervousness, mentally cursing
reinforcing the comment made "I... I kind of like... take care of you" jeff felt his cheeks heat up even more after making that comment. It was probably redder than a tomato and he was ashamed to have said it out loud "I-i also like to see you happy." the punk blonde felt his heart heat up in a really good way at that moment. He was smiling even more "b-but if you don't wanna eat, how about we go to sleep? You said you were sleepy earlier."

Mckagan found that scene really adorable: izzy totally flushed and nervous. He smiled at that.

"True, I'm dying of sleep" michael yawned slightly, and then got up off the couch. izzy stood up shortly thereafter, roaring towards her upstairs bedroom.

Isbell, already in his room, grabbed a pair of sweatpants and a random Rolling Stones T-shirt, leaving to change in the bathroom afterwards.

Meanwhile, sitting in stradlin's soft bed, duff reflected on how good the atmosphere that hovered over their relationship was (even with some minor disagreements). He didn't think finding his best friend somewhat attractive was wrong. No, it was okay to be attracted to women and also to Izzy, the only manfor those who have already felt a certain attraction.

A few minutes later the dark-haired boy was standing in the doorway. The brown orbs stared at him before saying something he had forgotten, it was important.

"Hey Duff" drew the blonde's attention to himself "Did you tell your mom about sleeping here?"

"You know..." he paused his speech still with a somewhat sad tone "it's not like she cares that much."

Certainly Michael's mother didn't care so much about her son, for some reason. She wasn't really mean to him, it was just that Mrs. McKagan worked too hard, his father also worked too hard. There wasn't that much time left to take care of him, nor to care if he came home late, nor to scold him for low grades and silly things teenagers do all the time. Izzy heard his friend's tone of voice, didn't dispute his answer, just sat beside him on that comfortable bed in his room and asked a simple question.

"Wanna talk about it?" as expected the punk just denied it, making a small gesture with his head "okay, just don't torture yourself because of it... "

It made Isbell totally torn up inside, seeing Michael in that state, kind of sad. It hurt, it hurt a lot. He didn't deserve any of this, he didn't deserve to have the unnatural parents he has, who don't give a damn about their own child. "How can they be so cold?" It was that simple thought that Stradlin didn't understand, didn't understand how someone as incredible as Duff had in his family people that Didn't care about him.

The room was silent until McKagan got up from the bed, pulling the mattress from under the bed shortly thereafter. He actually already knew where the extra blankets kept in the room were. So he just went to the wardrobe and grabbed the one on top. This has already become customary. He threw the blanket on top of the mattress, after that he was undressing right there. There was no embarrassment on the blonde's part, who in turn opted for just two pieces on his body: a white Led Zeppelin shirt and his red boxers

Izzy watched it all, the only plausible reaction was the change in color in her cheeks. He was blushed again, by the same person, and it wasn't even thirty minutes the last time. This was anything but normal. He lay down on his bed. His best friend did the same, crashing on that mattress on the floor. This was all so usual. Izzy stared at the ceiling, trying to relax her mind in a slow pace.

"Izzy? Are you awake?" The punk caught the attention of the albino, who just replied with an 'Aham' "I wanted to ask you something.... It might sound a little bit awkward... Have you ever felt any kind of attraction for someone of the same gender? "