8.

Chapter 8

Third Person POV

Abigail was sitting in her living room tapping away at a game that she has been playing for the past hour now. Today was an off day for her and she needed a spa day, but she didn't have anyone to call.

Kono was at work and Jada was finalizing some paperwork at the base, so she was alone until Jada finished that, and it was safe to say Abigail was bored out of her mind.

The girl was trying her hardest to keep herself occupied and not think about the intense conversation with Steve from a few nights ago, but that was the only thing that was running through her mind.

What was stopping them? Was she really ready for another relationship after her ex? How come he always smelled so damn good?

The girl had questions, but she needed to answer the one that was always on her mind first.

*Knock knock*

Abigail was about to make a call to see how long Jada would take but the knock at her door pulled her from it.

Yelling out a quick coming she shuffled over to the door, clutched her cardigan around her torso as she opened the door.

"HAY BITCH!"

The smile that spread against Abigail's face was so big, any bigger and her face would have cracked.

"JADA!!! FINALLY!!"

The two-girl hugged each other as if it was the last time, they would see one another. They have been best friends since high school. Jada was known for being a part of the "Cool Kids" and when Abigail changed schools, she planned to not be the goody two shoes that she was in middle school, and Jada just happened to be the girl that she met to get her out of that old habit.

"Ugh, how long has it been?"

Abigail questioned, as she closed the door, not before picking up the duffle bag that Jada dropped during their reunion hug.

"Girl, far too damn long! I've missed you so much. How are things?"

Jada walked through the house as if it were hers. Well technically she's visited the place plenty of times to know the layout so in a way it was her place.

Jada sat down on the couch, patting the spot beside her indicating for her best friend to take the seat. Abigail, not thinking twice, lied down with her head falling on Jada's lap.

Jada could see that her best friend was stressing out about something, and she needed to get it off her chest.

"I'm struggling J, I'm struggling bad."

"What happened?"

Jada began to smooth out her best friend's hair. Jada was happy to be with her other half finally, but to know that she has been having a hard time. The girl wished she came sooner.

"I think I like my boss."

"Oop."

Abigail covered her face with her hands to hide the small blush that was creeping up on her face. This was the first time she actually said it out loud, and to someone who doesn't know the team.

"Abby, what happened?"

Abigail gave her best friend a look through her hands before sitting up and facing her. She tied her hair in a loose bun, then crossed her legs as she began to talk about everything that happened between Steve and her.

.

.

.

Jada was more than just shocked after hearing everything that Abigail told her. She was currently sitting with her head resting in her hands while her arms were on her knees keeping her up.