Part 8

This story is almost done ☺️
Enjoy!!

*

Ben is trying hard to not just walk out of the apartment, to give Fluke another beating, as he sees how Earth is now asleep, looking peaceful.

Yet the bruises on his wrist are a reminder of the terror that could've happened.

He wants to hit Fluke till the other can't stand for at least a month.

The only reason Ben isn't going out to beat that asshole is because, before falling asleep, Earth looked at him with those cute big brown eyes and asked him to stay.

How do you say no to cute baby Earth?

You can't.

So Ben lays on the bed, back against the headboard, an arm around Earth and the boy's head on his chest. He listens to the boy's soft breathing, it calms him more.

Beep

His eyes look at his phone and ......Silvi.

Ben blinks. The girl didn't show up to work at all and for once Ben didn't care, for once Ben realized he didn't have to care.

'Can we please talk it out?'

'No'

The only reason he answer is to let the woman know he's done, done with her. With a loveless relationship where he only stayed because ....

There really isn't a because. It suck that it took Ben this long to realize.

"P'?"

But now he can focus on his present. On what really matters.

"Hey.." he smiles softly as he pushes the hair on Earths forehead "how are you feeling?"

Earth, who lifts his head off the mans chest, looks up at Ben with a sweet smile "I'm better, I'm sorry I kept you here...you can go now" he tries to get out of Ben's grip.

Ben shakes his head "just lay back down," he rubs the covered arm "I have no where to go and I like it here"

Earth blinks. He chuckles after a while and buries his face to Ben's chest once again as he inhales the mans cologne "I like it here too"

-

It's like the hours go by faster.

Earth laughs hard as he watches Ben try to calm down Levi as he keeps barking at a bird outside.

Ben enjoys the fingers that play with his hair as he lays his head on the small boy's legs.

The sun shines through the window of Earth room, then the moon lights up the inside as they are too lazy to even turn on the lights.

"We haven't eaten all day!!" Earth gasps.

Ben looks up at Earth "I could make ya some sandwiches" he smiles.

"No no," Earth gets up and heads out "I'll cook something fast!!"

Then the sound of pots and pans is heard from the kitchen.

The smile that appears on Ben's face is too big that even his cheeks begin to hurt.

It's been years since he last smiled like that.

The man takes this time to take out his phone and dial Pavel's number.

"Dude, are you not showing your face here!? You'll get fired!!!"

Ben chuckles "I doubt it, could you cover for me?" His eyes look to the door where a small part of the light comes in "And could you call Dome and let him know Earth won't be going to work tomorrow?"