𝟐𝟒 | "Tʜᴇ Bᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ Wɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ Wɪʟʟ Pᴏᴡᴇʀ"

A/N: Hello, readers! Welcome to another chapter! Enjoy!

edited on september 19th, 2021 @ 5:41am

════ ∘◦ᵒ 𓅓 ᵒ◦∘ ════

CHAPTER TWENTY-FOUR - THE BATTLE WITHOUT WILL POWER

TAKASHI, NAGATA, UYEDA, AND KOBAYASHI could only watch from the audience in shock as Daichi laid on the ground while his team crowded around him.

"Sawamura-san!"

"Daichi!"

"Daichi-san!"

"I'll be back!" Takashi told his friends as he got up from his seat to head down to the court.

He finally made it to the court as he rushed up towards Daichi along with Ukai.

"Where did you get hit?" Ukai asked.

"M-My face?" Daichi replied, unsure.

"Daichi, where are you right now?" Takashi asked, making sure the captain didn't have slight amnesia.

"Sendai City, in the gym." Daichi answered.

"Who are we playing right now?"

"W-WakaNan. I'm fine!"

"But it appears that you hit your head, so please go to the infirmary." Takeda told him

"Right."

Takashi saw that Daichi had an unpleased look. "I know that look. I had the same one when Coach Hibarida told me I couldn't play for the rest of the Korea match when I tore my ACL." He thought.

He placed his hand on Daichi's shoulder. "Go have them confirm that you really are okay. That's the quickest way for you to return to the match." Takashi told him.

"Yes, coach Takashi." Daichi finally agreed.

Daichi stands up as Kiyoko was beside him. "Blood..." She pointed out, making Takashi widen his eyes when he saw blood drip from Daichi's mouth.

"Did you cut your lip?" Ukai asked. However, Daichi didn't respond as Takashi cringed a little when Daichi spat a tooth from his mouth.

Kiyoko was tending to him, as Ukai turned to Takeda. "Sensei, can I leave the rest to you?" Ukai asked as Takeda nodded in reply.

Takashi followed Ukai and Daichi off the court. Takashi looked over at Daichi who had a worried expression on his face.

"They'll be fine."

"Senpai?"

"All of them will. They'll pull through, they always did in the past. You being gone won't change that. Sure it might make things harder, but they'll come out stronger." Takashi explained. "Don't worry about your team, okay?"

A flashback of him laying down on the court with his teammates surrounding him flashed in Takashi's mind as he clenched his leg.

"I'm not just speaking as your coach, I'm speaking as a fellow captain who's been in your position." He finished.

"Yeah, you're right..."

Ukai smiled lightly. "If anyone knows what Sawamura is feeling, it's Takashi. He was the same way." He thought.

Takashi soon returned to his fellow alumni as he sat down. "Is Sawamura alright?" Nagata asked.

"I think he will be. Though, if he rejoins this match is up to Keishin." Takashi answered.