Chapter 8

William, Diana, Pepper, and Natalie were seen arriving at the Stark Expo.

Happy:
I'll keep the car down here, all right?

Will:
Thanks, Happy.

They made their way inside with William, and Diana holding each other's arm on the way inside. In Diana's other hand was a blue, and silver briefcase. That had his MKV in it.

As the Expo started, the logo for Hammer Industries appeared on the screen, and "Pick up the pieces" by: The Average White Band, starting playing over the loudspeakers, and Justin was seen dancing on stage all the way to the podium.

Justin: 
Yeah. That’s what I’m talking about. Thanks for coming. Ladies and gentlemen, for far too long, this country has had to place its brave men and women in harm’s way, but then the Iron Man, and Archangel arrived, and we thought the days of losing lives were behind us. Sadly, that technology was kept out of reach. That’s not fair. That’s not right. And it’s just too bad.

Pepper: 
Oh, Lord.

Will:
Are you kidding me, right now?

Diana just rubbed her husband's arm to calm him down, and held onto his hand.

Justin: 
Regardless, it was an impressive innovation, one that grabbed the headlines the world over. Well, today, my friends, the press is faced with quite a difficult problem. They are about to run out of ink. Ladies and gentlemen, today I present to you the new face of the United States military. The Hammer drone. 

Drones rise out of the stage as he calls names.

Justin:
Army! Navy! Air Force! Marines! Yeah! Yeah! Woo! That’s a hell of a lot better than some cheerleaders, let me tell you. But as revolutionary as this technology is, there will always be a need for man to be present in the theatre of war. Ladies and gentlemen, today I am proud to present to you the very first prototype in the Variable Threat Response Battle Suit and its pilot, Air Force Lieutenant Colonel James Rhodes.

Pepper: 
What?

Will:
Son of bitch!

He was now seething in his chair.

Justin: 
For America and its allies, Hammer Industries is reporting for…

Suddenly Iron Man showed up, and landed directly on stage, in a brand new suit. Everyone cheers at the return of Iron Man. To this Will got up, and left carrying his briefcase.

Tony: 
We got trouble.

Rhodey: 
Tony, there are civilians present. I’m here on orders. Let’s not do this right now.

Tony: 
Give them a wave.

Justin: 
Hey, all right. Yeah.

Tony: 
All these people are in danger. We gotta get them out of here. You gotta trust me for the next five minutes.

Rhodey: 
Yeah, I tried that. I got tossed around your house, remember?

Tony: 
Listen, I think he’s working with the Vanko brothers.

Rhodey:
They're alive?

Justin: 
Yeah. 

Tony then approaches Justin.

Tony: 
Where are they?

Justin: 
What?

Tony: 
Where are the Vanko brothers?