I would like to help you

Ida POV

Let her go, you fool!" He growled stepping slowly towards us, his big muscles tensing under his shirt."

"Don't you move or I'm going to slit this whore's neck in half! The dog's owner threatened and pushed the top of the blade further into my skin. 

At that point all my blood drained down my veins. I couldn't believe that I survived the Black Darkness just to die shortly after. My biggest regret was that Oli and Vladi won't see me again. I didn't think that they could bear another loss. I felt tears gathering behind my eyelids. 

"Give me the blade." Nikolay's voice could have frozen even lava pouring down a mountain and he reached his hand, palm up. "Don't make something stupid you will regret later, boy. You will get locked in a cold cell and no one will ever come to visit you or cook a warm meal for you. Don't play with fire, you'll get burned."

Seline stumbled as she was slowly trying to step backwards and get out the back door. For a second Boby's owner attention focused on Seline and Nikolay rushed and pulled me towards him and I swear electricity scattered down my spine at his feroceous touch. He spinned me and pushed me away from the danger. He easily grabbed the owner's hand where he was still grasping the blade, kicked him behind his knee and the guy fell down flat on his belly with a loud scream. Nikolay squeezed his both hands upwards and twisted them as he put one knee in the crock of Boby's owner back. He yelped in pain and trying to move under Nikolay's force only increased his agony.

"If you ever return here and if you ever touch one stray of hair of these two ladies, I'll break your both hands and stick them into your eyeballs. Did you hear me?" Nikolay threatened him using that rough voice I could have get used to. The owner was squeacking, his face pressed down on our clinic white marble, hissing and mumbling. "I'm waiting for an answer!" Nikolay shouted at him violently.

"Yes, I heard you." We could hear the dog's owner's crying voice from the floor.

"Now, ladies, I suppose you have a busy day ahead." Nikolay raised his head and again his black eyes locked with mine as I forgot to breath, "do you want to press charges against this man?" He also glanced towards Seline whose face was white as a sheet of paper. She looked at me terrified, opened her mouth, her lips trembling, but we couldn't hear anything.

"No, we don't want any more problems, please", I answered, looking at Nikolay and then at Seline, breathing heavily. She nodded nervous. Nikolay lifted the guy from the floor and lead him towards the exit, his arms locking the guy's fists at his back, as he hissed in pain.

"Have a nice day! Nikolay wished us as he passed me and looked me again in the eyes. 

"We're sorry for Boby!" Seline uttered in low voice as they were getting out from the clinic. 

I realised I was squeezing the edge of a table so hard because I couldn't feel my knuckles anymore and my fingers were numble. However I broke away from that spot, rushed to Seline and hugged her tightly. She was shiverying and hiccupping anxiously.

"Let's calm down, please." I told her in a low soothing voice, patting her red straight red hair.

"Who was that man who kicked the ass-hole and defended us?" She asked, staring into space.

"That was... well...Nikolay." I answered her.

"Nikolay?" She yelled in surprise, looking as she woke up from a long dream. "Your Nikolay?"

"Nikolay, the man who lives in my living-room." I corrected her, feeling cool shivers in my lower belly, when I thought about the word MINE.

"We hadn't even thanked him, Ida, before he had left. Run after him, girl, he must be outside not very far away." 

I paused for a moment and looked inquiring at Seline's facial expression, then rushed outside the clinic to look for Nikolay's sillhouette. It wasn't even hard to spot him walking away, heading probably towards the school building which was not very far away from the clinic. I ran until I caught up with him.

"Nikolay! Wait!" I shouted to him and I couldn't even recognize my voice. I attributed that to the stress. He stopped and turned surprised towards me. "Thank you. Me and my collegue, Seline, wish to thank you for defending us."

Nikolay's glance warmed my skin up. "You're welcome." He answered shortly back. 

I nodded and forced an awkward smile. As I was turning away from him, he reached his hand and grabbed my wrist gently. I swear I felt another spark of electricity where he touched me, up and down my whole arm. My heart skipped a bit.

"Are you allright, Ida?" He asked me interested, lifting my chin up between his thumb and index finger, inspecting my neck where the dog's owner pushed the blade. I suddenly felt very hot, forgot how to breath and before giving him an answer, I gasped for air. Nikolay immediately withdrew his fingers from my chin. 

"I'm fine." I managed to utter. He nodded and slowly turned his back to me. "Nikolay!" I reached out my hand and touched his muscular arm. "Thank you for saving me! I would like to pay you back for your help. Is there anything I could..." 

"Ida!" He cut me middle sentence. I was confused and didn't know if he stopped me out of anger. My name on his lips sounded very threatening. I swallowed hard.

"It's me I should do something for you." Now I was confused and shook my head."You do all the house chores and take care of the boys. I would like to help you."

"But I can..."

"I know you can, but I want to help. And now please excuse me, my pupils are waiting for me." Nikolay tilted his head.

"Sure! Have a nice day!" I mumbled as he turned around. 

When I returned addled back to the clinic, I spoted two warm and worried eyes which were waiting for me at the entrance.

"Good morning! The granny who brought a Netherland rabbit two weeks ago greeted me.

"Good morning!" I answered her light hearted. "Is your pet allright?"

"He recovered well, thanks to you." She answered back and laid a hand on my shoulder. "I came back to check if you and your collegue are fine."I was confused again."I came early in the morning to bring you a pie and I saw a man threatening you and Seline with a knife. I didn't know what to do so I ran towards school to seek help and I met that man..." she lowered her voice "... whom everyone says he is an ex. convict. I was very scared and I told him what I had seen at the clinic. His eyes lit up like fire, as if he was ready to kill someone. I immediately felt sorry I told him about the incident. He ran away before I could say anything else. Now I came here to see what happened. Seline told me he was the one who saved you."

I smiled at her and squeezed her hands into mine. 

So this is my longest chapter so far. Please help Nikolay and Ida to get more readers and vote! :) Thank you!

Enjoy!