Chapter 37 - Iwaoi

Requested by Plinfaaa I hope you enjoy!

Iwaizumi has promised Oikawa a little day seeing as the setter has had a stressful week.

Just a bunch of fluff and minor angst but like we gotta have the angst > x <

I'm really sorry for the inconvenience but I'm going to be having a two week assessment block for school, meaning I receive an assessment for every class and have two weeks to work on them all, I have no idea what is going to happen with the updates because I am also going to be busy looking after two horses for some time. I'm really sorry everyone if it's really slow, but I'm a little stressed with everything right now, so if you can bear with me, that would be absolutely amazing <33 I'll try my best to get the requests out, thank you all for the patience <33 (I'm also really sorry if the writing isn't all too great but I'll try my best <3)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Iwaaaaaaaa" Tooru whined as he sped up his pace to catch up to me. "What do you want Crappykawa?" I asked level toned. "Mean iwa!" He said as he pouted and crossed his arms.

I gave a 'tch' and rolled my eyes a little. "What is it?" I asked again, dropping the name.

The setter was reluctant at first, but eventually he spoke "you're still up for... Tonight, right?" He asked in a hushed tone.

I quirked an eyebrow "...yeah, why wouldn't I be?" I asked with confusion at the nervous edge to Tooru's tone.

"Um... I was just making sure... you're comfortable with it is all, I don't want to force you into anything" he replied. There was now a slight tint of pink in his cheeks as he averted his gaze from meeting my own.

I gently grabbed the sides of his shoulders. "Tooru, you know I'm completely fine with it, I have no problem at all and I know it helps you, stop worrying" I said, easing my voice slightly to give the brunette reassurance.

He nodded his head and mumbled a 'thanks' in reply. I acknowledged it with a slight tilt of my head.

"See you after class" Tooru mumbled, walking off in the direction of his classroom (A/N idk if they are in the same class or not? But I'm just gonna say they aren't in this chapter). "Cya" I replied, giving Tooru a worried glance before heading off in the opposite direction.

~timeskip~

Oikawa's POV~

57, 58, 59, 60, 1, 2...

I watched impatiently as the clock's hand ticked around agonizingly slowly, reminding myself of the minutes left as a sort of encouragement, maybe sugarcoating things a little to help my situation.

I forcefully tore my eyes away from the clock to focus back on the board, currently full of notes that I was meant to be paying attention to i tried my best to engross myself into the delicate hand of the teacher as she made the marker dance gracefully across the board.

I brought an elbow up to sit atop of the desk, resting my head in my hand as I was using the other to continue writing.

I chanced another gaze up at the clock, disappointed to find that only 5 minutes had passed and there was still well over half the lesson left.

My focus shifted from the clock to look at the slightly graffitied desk.

'History sucks'