twenty-seven

It was intern week, and Eli's brothers had all gone off to work with who they'd selected. 

Izuku had gone with Gran Torino, a close friend to All Might that would further improve his flexibility and movement with his Full Cowling technique. 

Katsuki went to the Best Jeanist, which confused Eli but she accepted it nonetheless as she came to the probable conclusion that it was because he was close to the top. 

Hitoshi went with Aizawa for more practice with his capture weapon, which he'd gotten exceptionally good at. 

And Shoto ended up going with Eli. 

"So you want to improve your hot side?" Eli asked him, them sitting in the training portion of the house which was outside for obvious reasons. 

She was already going through hundreds if not thousands of different things, techniques, or suit upgrades that could be used to improve him. Though, not wanting to overwhelm him too much, Eli kept calm as her head buzzed with ideas for improvement. 

Plus, Eli understood that she couldn't help Shoto with his Quirk to a point because his father was the one with all the knowledge about it, but she also understood energy, given that energy (kinetic) is what her own Quirk work, so she'd just have to go with that for now. 

Shoto nodded, standing in his hero costume in front of her as Himiko threw knives at targets in the back. 

"Well, fire is energy, and energy can be felt on a multitude of different levels. So, make a small flame," Eli instructed him. 

Shoto followed her instructions and made a small flame in his hand. 

"Now, pay attention to how your hand feels when you create that flame, what does it feel like when you hold it?" she asked him. 

"Heat?" he asked. 

Eli deadpanned. 

"I'm talking about your body Sho. Does your hand feel shakey when you use it, does it feel like your hand is excited, what do you feel?" she asked him. 

"It feels... excited, shakey, and... weak," Shoto said, and Eli smiled brightly. 

"Now, make the flame bigger," she instructed, and he listened, watching as his hand twitched a bit at the excitatory feeling in his hand. 

"Did the feeling in your hand change?" she asked, and he shook his head. 

"Alright, now, make the fire hotter," she told him. 

He listened to what she said, and it felt like he was pushing his concentration into his head, the lame turning brighter, into a whiter color. 

"Now, does your hand feel any different?" she asked. 

"Yea, it feels even more excited," he said, watching the whiter flame. 

"And you're taking more breaths huh," she asked, and he nodded. 

"Well, that means, in order to have better control over your flames, you'll have to get your breathing under control, which means that we'll focus on expanding your lung capacity. It should also help in controlling both sides at once, given that you already have good control over your ice, this'll help balance you out a lot more," she said. 

Shoto thought for a minute. 

"Because the amount oxygen there is, determines how big and how hot the flames are," Shoto said. 

"Exactly!" Eli said with a clap of her hands. 

And so, or the next couple of days, they did numerous breathing exercises, and as the days went by Shoto flames gradually began to get bigger and hotter with smaller effort. She made him practice using them during exercises, running, one-handed push-ups and pull-ups, sit-ups, etc.