Chapter 11

*Danni's POV*

I woke up again in a small cage but this time I was able to shift and I did. I growled furiously but I stopped and gazed in shock when I realised where I was. My ears flopped backwards and my tail stitched itself to my body. My eyes widened as I saw the crowd cheering and drinking, smoke fumes entangling themselves around everything. I saw a man to my right pull a lever and a huge metal gate slid up infront of me. I was pushed forward but whinned and tried to claw my way back but I couldnt. In a matter of seconds I was pushed into a huge arena. The crowd went quiet as a man with a microphone described me.

I saw a chalk board split down the middle by a white line with two names on either side. One of those names were mine. The other name was Jason.

'All betting stations are now closed and here is the first wolf. This young shewolf has just recently been brought here by Malcolm Fall, the girl is around 16 years of age and has quite a fiesty nature on her but can she beat Jason? Now this will be a fight too see' The crowd smirked at his words and I growled under my breath.

'Let the Wolf Fights begin!' The commentator shouted and the crowd cheered.

I looked around me. I was in a huge, circular arena with concrete walls 12 feet high around me. Seats were located above the wall however no one sat down, men with money held tightly in their hands were looking over the edge down at me, screaming for me to fight. But fight what?

In front of me a huge grey wolf sprung out of the cage door opposite me and glared at me.

The crowd roared and held up their beers.

Jasons eyes pierced into mine and i couldnt take my eyes away. All of a sudden I felt an electric shock fly through me that brought me too the ground.

I whinned and stumbled back staring at him. He looked at me in shock and retreated slowly.

The crowd boo'd and chucked their bottles at us missing us by centimeters.

I still couldnt take my eyes away from him. I saw every single detail on his muzzle, scars on his face were thin silver lines streaking across his nose, jowles and one went over his left eye. His eyes held their passion for fighting but also a slight sign of compassion towards me.

This animal that looked like he would kill anything at any time growled and swung around away from me. He glared at a man in the audience and the entrance to his cage was lifted.

As I watched my mate walk away, I felt heartbroken. Had I been rejected? I whimpered lightly but shook myself back to normal again. He looked back at me one last time. Those icy blue eyes I just couldnt get out of my head.

He winked at me quickly and was pulled off by guards in their matching navy blue uniforms.

I stared after him until I couldn't see him anymore and even then I couldn't get him out of my head. I was threatened back into my cage and passed the next wolf to fight. She was standing firmly in the cage as I was lead away knowing she was too weak too fight but she never once showed her fear.

I didn't see her again.

I was taken into a concrete room with fresh clothes laying neatly folded on the ground and a piece of raw meat in a bowl next to some water.

I flinched as I heard the metal door slam shut behind me and I started wheezing when I heard the lock click.

I quickly shifted and got changed. What the hell has just happened?

I thought about wolf fights and my mate over and over again wondering when I was going to get chosen again to fight. Was it to the death?

A few hours later some guards came to grab me. They put a long, chained lead onto my collar and dragged me along the floor until I was in the cage. I was terrified.