Teacher's Affair

"And on page 231 is you alls vocabulary words for this chapter. I need that completed and turned in Monday." Miss Henson stated while closing her lesson for the day and making her way back to her desk. "You mean to tell me we got homework on the weekend?" One of the freshman complained. "I'm sayin! She trippin." A student, Isaiah added. Majority of the class continued to add their two-sense, making their teacher aware that they had no desire of completing this assignment.

"Okay. Well I guess you guys would enjoy completing the vocabulary for this chapter and the two previous chapters that I was nice enough to let y'all skip. And the essential questions?" Miss Henson responded with a sweet yet chilling tone. The class began to immediately give their apologies. "I was just playing Miss Henson." Jeremiah stated. "Me too, I don't have anything to do this weekend." Aaliyah spoke up.

"Yeah well unfortunately class it's much too late for apologies. Chapters 6-8 vocab and essential questions will be due Monday." Just then the bell rang dismissing the class. "Have a great weekend." She smiled, taking in the students' faces of irritation as they left the classroom. "What hour do you take after this?" Azriel asked her friend as the two exited Miss Henson's classroom. "Physics." Melody responded. "Omg you are so lucky! Mr. Howard is sooooo fine!" Azriel drug out, fanning herself. "Girl you are crazy, I'll see you at lunch." The two split and went to their next period classes.

"Um Miss Henson. I did the vocab for every single chapter. Does that mean I only have to complete the essential questions?" Ebony asked, walking up to Miss Henson. Ebony was one of the very few students Miss Henson had that actually did their work without any complaints. She was always on task and completed all assignments on time, if not earlier. "Actually Ebony, to reward you for being such a great student, I'll exempt you from the essential questions. You don't even have to do them. Just turn in your vocab Monday. Have a great weekend sweetheart." Miss Henson gave her a warm smile. "Okay, thank you so much Miss Henson." Ebony said enthusiastically before leaving the class.

In Physics class:

"Okay today our lesson is going to revolve around displacement, velocity, and time. Now we went over this earlier this year, but we're going to revisit it. Being that majority of your teacher's aren't here due to the convention-"

"Mr. Howard, why didn't you go to the convention?" Stephanie interrupted. "I went last year, didn't really want to go a second time." He returned.

"It's just so weird that only you and Ms. Henson are the only teachers besides substitutes that didn't go to the convention. Even our principals went." Alex added. "Y'all got something going on huh?"

"They most definitely do." Another student chimed in. "You ain't gotta lie Mr. Howard we won't tell anyone." Zuri smirked. Mr. Howard shook his head, a slight grin approaching his face at his students. He couldn't help but to find them amusing. "You guys just won't stop with that. I mean, what makes you guys think that, y'all have been at that all school year." He began an entirely different conversation, stirring away from his lesson plan. "Ouuu I've been waiting for this! Okay for one, I never see you act with any other teacher the way you act with Ms. Henson. Like there's no way y'all don't have a thing!" Zuri said. "And, y'all always have lunch together. What's that about Terrence??" Someone else said. "Not the first name." The crowd went into an uproar, laughing and goofing off.

"I love how y'all always seem to get me off topic." Terrence chuckled.

"Just give us an honest statement. Just for once. Cure our curiosity." Yara tried to get the tea out.

"Okay y'all really want to know?" He sauntered over to the front of his desk and sat down, facing the class. "Me and Ms. Henson are-" He paused for a bit, increasing his students' peculiarity. "Just. Really Good. Friends. Now back to the lesson." Before he stood up and made his way back to the promethean board, a student interjected, "You're being way too vague. And plus, nothing is adding up. Like.. y'all all remember when Ms. Henson brought her son up here when we had a half-day of school? He literally ran to you Mr. Howard. How does he even know you?" The student finished. "Yes I remember that! It's very much giving stepfather vibes." Brian added.