ᴛᴡᴏ༞ ᴛᴀᴄᴛ

Voices overlapping each other, they could be heard from all around the courtyard. And right smack in the middle of it all, sat the small group of five. Sidney, Kimberly, Tatum, Stu, and Billy.

     It felt calm by them. Maybe it was because they were leaned up against their usual spot against the water fountain, hearing the slight pitter-patter of water collide with itself.

     Tatum and Kim had their backs against the brick of the fountain, sharing a bag of grapes Tatum's brother had dropped off for them at lunch. See, Tatum's brother, Dewey, was Deputy of the Woodsboro Police Department, which meant he'd be on school grounds for probably the rest of the week.

     Tatum popped a grape in her mouth. "Why would they ask you if you like to hunt?" She asked with her brow furrowed.

     Stu adjusted himself, pushing Kim over and making her fall into him. "I don't know, they just did." He shrugged.

     Billy opened his mouth to speak, but no one noticed because footsteps approached from the opposite way. Randy, member number six of the gang dropped against the fountains bricks next to Stu. "It's because their body's were gutted." He stated, nonchalantly.

     Sidney inhaled, going pale. Billy reached over the two other girls, reaching out to smack the boy in the arm. "Thanks, Randy."

     Tatum sighed, playing with the zip lock on her grape bag. "They didn't ask me if I like to hunt."

    Stu laughed, reaching over her and grabbing her bag of grapes. "Because there's no way a girl could have killed them." He stifled a laugh.

     Kim's eyes squinted forward, turning her torso to face him. "That's so sexist!" She exclaimed. "A woman could have easily killed them, Basic Instinct."

     Randy tilted his head, his pointer finger out. "That was an ice pick, not exactly the same thing."

     Stu shrugged again, grabbing Kim's arms and facing her forward. "Yeah, Casey and Steve were completely hollowed out. Takes a man to do something like that."

     Sidney's jaw clenched, she'd just about heard enough. Her lips parted. "How do you. . .gut someone?" She stuttered, making her friends heads snap at her.

     Stu inhaled, making Kim turn to face him again. "You take a knife, and cut from groin, to sternum." He said, unbothered.

     The groups heads shot up at him, giving him scowling looks. He looked around. "What? She asked."

     Billy scolded him, inhaling sharply. "It's called tact, fuckrag." He spat.

     Stu pressed his lips into a line, letting his head fall into Kim's. "Sorry." He mumbled.

     Randy cleared his throat, it apparently being his turn to talk. "Remember in Jaws, when they caught the wrong shark at first and Richard Dreyfuss cut it open to look for body parts but all they found was a license plate and all this milky white goo?"

     Kim flung her hand to the back of his head, eyeing him. "You heard Billy, shut the fuck up!" Stu exclaimed, rubbing Kim's arm slowly.

     Sidney inhaled, licking her lips. "Hey, Stu. Didn't you used to date Casey?" She asked, taking a weight off of Billy as he moved out from under her.

     Stu's face went stiff, shocked, but he quickly resided back into his goofy persona. "Yeah, for like two seconds." He laughed.

     Randy scoffed, jumping over Tatum and Kimberly and getting in his face. "That is, until she dumped you for Steve."

     Stu's smile dropped once more. "I thought you dumped her?" Kim asked, her voice dipping down. Stu's posture rose, defending himself. "I did, he's full of shit."

     Randy let out a maniac chuckle, not moving from his spot, towering over the two girls. "And are the police aware that you dated the victim?" He asked, making his voice high pitch and cartoon-ish.

     Stu raised a hand over his chest. "What are you saying? That I killed her or something?" Randy shrugged. "Would definitely improve you high school Q."

     Kim inhaled, gritting her teeth. "Stu was with me at the library last night." She testified.

     Stu's brows wiggled, making teasing eyes at Randy. "Yeah, I was."

     Randy frowned, pretending to be defeated, but only for a moment. "Was that before or after he sliced and diced?" He exclaimed, throwing his head back up.

     "Fuck off, nut case. Where were you?" Tatum asked, taking her weight off the brick of the fountain to give Randy a look.

     Randy popped another grape into his mouth, smirking. "Working, thank you very much."

     She laughed, pushing his face away from her personal bubble. "Yeah? I thought the Blockbuster fired your ass." She scoffed.

     "Twice."

     Stu shook his head, tossing his arm back around Kim's neck. "I didn't kill anybody." He muttered, his eyes narrowed.

     "Nobody said you did." Billy's head was tilted, and he was completely sat up now, giving some sort of look over at his friend. Stu smiled. "Thanks buddy."

     Randy stood up, leaning over the girls again. "Besides, it takes a man, to do something like that." He mocked, mimicking Stu's mellow voice almost perfectly.

     Stu let out a monotoned sarcastic laugh, leaning up and whacking Randy in the arm. "Yeah, I'm gonna gut your ass in a second, Meeks."

     "Tell me something. Did you really put her liver in the mailbox? Because, I heard that they found her liver in the mailbox next to her spleen and her pancreas." His voice was childish again, and his friends groaned at his humor.

     Kimberly inhaled, hitting her friend again, this time twice as hard. "Randy, you goon-fuck. I'm trying to eat here." She snapped, taking her weight completely off Stu with frustration.

     "Yeah, Kimmy's getting mad, Meeks." Stu began, not noticing Sidney sitting up next to him and kissing her boyfriend goodbye. "You better liver alone. . .liver alone! Hahaha-" Stu chuckled, grabbing Kim's neck and pulling her back to lean into him.

     Billy shot Stu a look as Sidney stood up, waving her friends goodbye and walking away.

     Finally having enough, Billy jumped over, hitting Stu in the arm. "Liver- ow! Liver! It's a joke!"

     Kim and Tatum shared glances, making Stu giggle some more. "It was funny!"

     Kimberly ripped his arms off her for a second time, shooting him a deadly glare. "No, Stu, it wasn't funny." She mumbled as Tatum grabbed her hand, standing her up and dragging her away from the fountain.