ɴɪɴᴇ༞ sᴛᴀʟᴋᴇʀ

RING RING

     Kim reached over, slapping Randy's shoulder as a way of telling him to get up and answer the phone.

     He grunted, obeying. "Hello? Yeah. . .Holy shit." Randy's mouth fell open as he slammed his finger down on the pause button.

     Most of the group made protests, complaining about wanting to continue the movie, but Randy hushed them quickly. "Listen up! They found Principal Himbrey dead. He was gutted and hung from the goal post on the football field." He explained, watching everyone's expression change.

     "So then, what're we waiting for?" Their sorrowful expressions turned into excitement. "Let's get over there before they pry him down."

     Everybody filed out of the room, and then out of the house. Everyone but Kimmy and Randy. "Sick fucks."

     "Left right when it was getting good, too." Randy pointed as he unpaused it. He sat back down, and his arm flailed onto the couch behind Kimmy.

     After finished their next beers, the two had become a bit out of it, and their vision was kind of unclear. "No, Jamie. Look behind you!" Randy pleaded at the screen, clutching to a throw pillow.

     Kim sat beside him, her eyes becoming heavy and probably just seconds away from a pass out.

     And then Kim let out a blood piercing scream, making Randy shoot his head off her shoulder. "Stu! What the fuck?"

     The both turned around to face the tall figure who stood above them behind the couch. "Kimmy, come here."

     Randy shared a look with Kimberly, his brow furrowed into a knot. "Why?" She asked, dragging the word out.

     "Kimmy, it's urgent. Come on."

     Slowly, Kim stood up, inching around the couch as Randy randy watched closely. He wanted to say something, but remained silent as the two left the room.

     "Where is everyone?" He asked, leading her up the staircase. Given the circumstances, soberly, Kim probably would have protested and went to sit back down with Randy. But, she was too drunk to say something, or even think about being mad at him.

     Kim grumbled, trying to remember. "Uhm, yeah. Oh, right. Himbrey's dead." She said nonchalantly.

     Stu acted surprised, although he already knew. But, it's not as if she would have noticed that. "What? He's dead?"

     "Gutted. Hung from the football fields goal post or something."

     Stu swallowed, the plan was piecing together perfectly. They got to his bedroom, and cracked the door open, allowing her to step inside first. "Here's some water, you seem like you need it."

     She nodded, carefully taking the water and sipping little by little. It felt refreshing going down her throat. She looked around, the photo album that was once on his nightstand, was gone. But again, she was too drunk to say something.

     "I need to show you something." Stu explained, hovering above her as she took another sip. A lie. She nodded, setting her glass down. He gulped. He wasn't ready, not yet. But, she was already up here. She was already drinking the water.

     "Shoot!" He said suddenly. "I think I left it down stairs. I'm gonna run and get it, okay? You stay here," he slowly backed out of the room. "Don't move." He demanded, shutting the door behind him.

     But, she did. She stood up, snooping around once more. She walked aimlessly around, eyeing his picture frames and posters on the wall. And then she reached his closet. She slowly creaked the door open to find his rows of clothes hanging up neatly.